How much are you getting back from the government?

The Ozzman

Melted by feels
Sep 17, 2006
In My Kingdom Cold
Well, it's tax season and that means (for some people) free (not really) money from the government!

So, how much are you getting back from the government?

I am getting back about 1,250 dollars from the government after I factor in the back taxes I owe to the state of Ohio.

i already got mine back. 800 from federal and 300 from state but the state kept it because i apparently owed money for something.

$6400!

My biz wasn't so hot this year so our deductions were a bit off compared to normal.

Sadly, the $6400 all goes towards our heating/air system replacement and hot water heater - that all decided to die within a month of each other... :/

300 big ones

spartaaaa.jpg

I apparently now owe the government 10,500 dollars from income not recorded on my 1040 last year. I am going to stab the accountant I had last year in the face over this.

I apparently now owe the government 10,500 dollars from income not recorded on my 1040 last year. I am going to stab the accountant I had last year in the face over this.

:erk:

That really sucks. I hope you get cleared of that.

:erk:

That really sucks. I hope you get cleared of that.

Someone is going to pay for it.

I figure one of two scenarios:

1) The accountant lost the 1099 or just misplaced it and forgot about it

or

2) Fidelity Investments failed to send me a 1099 for the mutual funds I closed out

#1 seems more likely than #2 tbqfh, but I'm going to find out what happened.

Another scenario is that I misplaced the 1099 forms, but I highly doubt that.