How much does it really cost to make a pop song

I disagree that no talent is required to execute this stuff though. I think there's plenty of talent involved - it's just wasted on an end product that's only marginally more than entirely regurgitated and worthless.

i think it's important to examine the observer (patron) ...i've said this many times and it's not my own personal theory (or ideology) but it is something that actually makes sense:

most people don't like to be entertained by complicated ideas. there are different people out there who like different things (obviously) however the overwhelming majority are content with watered down, mindless entertainment and anything that is a step above that is considered to be genius... and well respected (with artist integrity).

i believe that the issue is the average listener... it's difficult to put yourself in the shoes of a 12-17 year old girl, because (in the states) that is a the average pop music listener.

once upon a time; (i'm sure) we all remember listening to abysmal songs with trite lyrics and no "substance"... and somehow ended up liking it.

i think the simplified perspective plays a huge roll in what we all truly want... which is sincerity (if that makes any sense).