How to get your band ready for the studio - part one

hehehe...that was fun. I've been fortunate so far with the very basic recording jobs I've done. Although I did halt a session and tell the band to go learn their parts and come back another time.

I applaud him for having the balls to tell the truth about all the shitty musicians that think they are prepared to enter the studio when they are CLEARLY not.
They only way to be offended by this is if you are one of the dumbasses he´s talking about...
There´s so much things i would say on a vid like this XDD
Drummers with drumskins old as fuck that they couldn't tune even to save their life...and also asking you to make it sound like the Black Album.
Guitarists with 24.75 scale guitars tuning in drop A with 0.48- 0.10 strings ¬¬
"Musicians" that haven't played to a metronome in their entire life.
And there´s always "that guy" on the band that knows "WORDS USED ON RECORDINGS" and throws reverb/delay/compression/mastering and other terms everytime they talk so they look that they know stuff...

This is wonderful, I think the good thing is that it's entertaining enough to be sure your clients (talking to anyone using it) is gonna at least get the info (because the bass player or the drum player is not gonna read a whole pdf)

Lol, have you ever had times where you made the guitarists had to record the bass parts instead? lol also any other people playing others' parts because they just sucked? Awesome video lol, should have a "TV-MA" on it :p

After 15 years in the game, quite honestly, I couldn't give a fuck if bands don't like it. If they feel they can get better results elsewhere, good for them. Then maybe I won't have to deal with so many idiots. I'm saying what's on my mind, and if the big, tough, heavy metal bass player gets butt-hurt over it, maybe he should learn how to play.

+1, take 'em if they can't fuck a joke

Yes. On a label project back in 2002. The bass player, TO THIS DAY still does not know he didn't play on the record.

Numerous other examples too.

Haha!
Bass very low in the mix, only low end rumble?
Because you gotta notice if it's not you, when your instrument has proper presence in the mix.
I mean, I never forget anything I played on a record. From fills to little fuckups hidden in the mix, there is everything in my head, forever.
That guy really must've been horrible...

Haha!
Because you gotta notice if it's not you, when your instrument has proper presence in the mix.
I mean, I never forget anything I played on a record. From fills to little fuckups hidden in the mix, there is everything in my head, forever.

Uh, no. You are one of 5% musicians who remember anything (myself included in the 95%).

Haha!

you would think they'd know what they did/didn't play

but...when you consider we're talking about dipshits who never knew the songs in the first fucking place, they probably really do think that there was some special pixie dust that got sprinkled on the mix to make their shit all of the sudden sound passable

Awesome vid, I always read the video commentry.. Seems peeps get butthurt because there trying to prove there own innocence. If you aren't part of the 99% it doesn't apply to you anyway LOL!.. Guilt is a mother.