how to set up trigger's leakage suppression in reaper?

Apr 14, 2010
Germany
hey all,

i don't know why i can't figure out how to route tracks in reaper for the leakage suppression feature to work.

let's say i want the kick bleed be suppressed on the snare track.

the way i tried it was instantiating trigger on the snare track.
i set the track channels from 2 to 4 in the "io" menu and have the snare track receive the kick drum on 3/4 instead of the usual 1/2.

this is usually how i work with side-chaining but it didn't work with trigger.
the manual says to route the original track (snare) to the left and the suppressing track (kick) to the right.

it tried setting up and extra track that had trigger on it where i did exactly that but that also didn't work

can anybody tell me how to do it?

thanks.

Trigger doesn't work with a proper side chain, it deals only with two channels.

To use the leakage suppression in Reaper, create a new track, put Trigger on it and then create a send from your snare track to the new track going from 1/2 to 1. Then create a send from the kick track going from 1/2 to 2. Should work for you then.

Also make sure you are actually using the suppression control, it's just text in the upper left of the window that you click and drag up to raise the suppression. It's at 0 by default I'm pretty sure so it won't suppress anything even if the routing is correct until you raise that value!

Don't know about Reaper or Logic...

but this is an example on how I do it in Cubase for anyone who has the same problem.

Say I want to replace the Snare track but there's too much Kick bleed in that track. Ok, what I do is duplicate the Kick track (the drum I want blocked) and pan that new copy to the right.
Then I pan the the Snare track (the drum I want to replace) to the left.

Next I'll create a stereo group track with Trigger on an insert.
Now I route the panned copy of the Kick to this group track as well as the Snare track.
Now set the leakage suppression as you need.

Hope this helps.

thanks all. it seems to be working the way adam described it.
i hope nobody will have problems with trigger's leakage suppression anymore be it in reaper, logic, pt, cubase and so on.