How was Elegy???

nightwish58

Feb 11, 2002
New York
Visit site
I'm dying to know how great Elegy's live performance was at the BW &BK festival. Also, does anyone have their set-list? They must have put on a great show. Thanks to whoever responds

nightwish58 said:
I'm dying to know how great Elegy's live performance was at the BW &BK festival. Also, does anyone have their set-list? They must have put on a great show. Thanks to whoever responds
I'm sorry I don't have a set list, but I can tell you that they were very good. One of the best of the weekend. That distinction goes to in a tie for number one best of the weekend. The survey says...EVERGREY and NEVERMORE.

markgugs said:
Elegy was by far the worst band of the weekend, well 2nd worst (if you count American Dog, the fill-in for Entombed). Just boring, plain, keyboard wanking prog metal. *snore*

I find this hard to believe considering they have one of the most incredible guitar players of the genre. They are the epitome of power progressive metal!

Elegy was one of the few bands I knew @ BW&BK. Considering the style of music played that weekend, they least "fit the bill" (excluding American Dog which wouldn't belong playing anywhere....:)).Their style seems to fit more with Progpower than with the "Doom" metal and heavier metal of the weekend@ BW&BK. They still put on a good show but I can see how others would disagree considering the line-up for the weekend, competing with Trouble and Candlemass. I talked to Patrick for at least an hour at the "acoustic" show Saturday afternoon. He and the rest of the band were really excited to be in the states and hope to return. They were definately the highlight of my weekend because I was surprised they talked to me for so long!! The lead singer had so much energy, he made me tired just watching him!!

-Sheri

I found them dull. Their vocalist is talented, but lacks any sort of unique sound. Their guitarist probably graduated at the top of his class from Yngwie University, but does nothing to seperate himself from the thousands of other shredders.

GZ

General Zod said:
I found them dull. Their vocalist is talented, but lacks any sort of unique sound. Their guitarist probably graduated at the top of his class from Yngwie University, but does nothing to seperate himself from the thousands of other shredders.

GZ

Tight Zod, huh?

ummm... just want to point this out....

The above post wasn't me... it was my better half, Prog2112. :tickled: :ill:

I get home from rehearsal and see that I had a response to a thread I didn't post in... I thought I was losing it! She thought I was logged out. :loco: silly girl!

While I'm here, I'll have to point out that I was very impressed with Elegy's set. And they played my all-time favorite song "Master of Deception". :hotjump:

I can see how many would be bored to tears with them... especailly if your unfamiliar with their catalauge. But, I thought it was an excellent set!

I've been a fan for years and loved every minuet of it. It was also nice to hang out and talk with them over the course of the festival. I found we had a lot in common as far as playing shows in your home town... very interesting conversation. Not to mention, they were rolling their own cigarettes...tasty! :p

Fun fact: Patrick has a suped up classic american car at home in his garage that he loves to tinker with... but pays an arm and a leg for parts becsaue they're only avalable here in the states :D ..and only drives it around the block, gas is over $4.00 a gallon over there. o_O

And I thought it was expensive to tinker on a car in general!

\m/
Dustin

NP: Streets - Crimes in Mind

nightwish58 said:
Well, what was it???

To be honest, it's going to be difficult for me to single out their entire set list by memory a week later.... I wasn't taking notes, I was just standing back and enjoying the show. :Spin:

I'll give it my best shot... but I may not be completely accurate.:ill:

"Equinox"
"Visual Vortex"
"Frenzy"
"Shadow Dancer"
"Icehouse"

"Master of Deception"

I know there was two or three more tunes from "Princlples of Pain" and possibly one from the pre-Ian Perry days... but I can't recall exactlly which.:yell:

hopefully someone else paid closer attention than me and had writen it down somewhere. :D

\m/.
Dustin

Dustin said:
To be honest, it's going to be difficult for me to single out their entire set list by memory a week later.... I wasn't taking notes, I was just standing back and enjoying the show. :Spin:

I'll give it my best shot... but I may not be completely accurate.:ill:

"Equinox"
"Visual Vortex"
"Frenzy"
"Shadow Dancer"
"Icehouse"

"Master of Deception"

I know there was two or three more tunes from "Princlples of Pain" and possibly one from the pre-Ian Perry days... but I can't recall exactlly which.:yell:

hopefully someone else paid closer attention than me and had writen it down somewhere. :D

\m/.
Dustin

Cool, thanks for the info. Yeah, I would love to know what song or songs they played from the first 2 albums, since Eduard Hovinga was one of my favorite singers!!! Does anyone have a clue???

These guys kicked some major ass!!I made sure I was right in front for their set!!They basically focused on "Principles of Pain' but played songs before Ian joined the band!!Rondat was way too smooth on guitar & the rest of the guys looked like they were havin' a great time on stage!!Ian Parry (Singer) saw me after they got done playin' & grabbed me & said"Dude!!I saw ya got into our set!!Thanx!!Ya kick ass"!!All the guys in the band were really cool to hang out with!!Hehehe..Iwas outside gettin' some air talkin' with the new drummer when I noticed he rolled a cigarette!I said "Hey Bro if that's the illegal stuff"& he just laughed!!Rolls his own cigarettes!!
Krusty