hows this for a DAW pc?

Seizure.

Jul 13, 2005
holland
www.seizure-music.com
check it out:

motherboard: Asus MB A7V600-X KT600 AMD 49,-
processor: AMD Sempron 2600+ 333MHz 71.50,- (or just a P4)
memory: 2x DDRAM 512Mb PC3200 400MHz 47.50,- p.s 2x = 95,-
harddisk: HDD 80Gb 7200rpm SATA 8Mb 63.50,-
videocard: VGA ATI AGP 7000 64Mb 35,-

anygood?

soundcards gonna be a emu 1212 with a behringer ADA8000 interface.

Yeah, max out the ram, and I'd recommend two internal hard drives(80 and 120), one for the apps, and the other for recording. Have at least one firewire drive for backups/transfers, too. Lastly, make sure you get an LCD monitor. CRT's have huge interference problems with guitar pickups, etc. Try to get one as big as possible, so you have more screen real estate. Other than that, you look pretty set.

I think the primary drive would benefit from being a Western Digital Raptor (or two) running in RAID0. You want the primary HD to crunch through data as quickly as possible, especially if you're streaming samples off it. Then you can consider something like a 250GB Seagate for storage.

Hmm......he..he...he....James is gonna totally go off on me for this....But man I'm looking at a PC for ALL my midi stuff! And I have NO idea about PC's but this is what a bud of mine is recommending- Can ya'll tell me what ya' think?
Dont mean to jump on your thread Seizure, but I figured I'd post here so as not to have two similar threads...
A 3.2Ghz pentium 4, 800mhz front side bus
2GB of ram
XP home window
2 Glyph 7,200 rpm SATA drives-80g and 200g
optical drive for DVD-+r/CD-r/rw
5 expansion PCI slots (Ohhhh...hello UAD-1's!)
7 USB ports-2 F.W.
keyboard and mouse all for under $2000.00 U.S.D.
I love my Mac,but man I couldn't get nothing(Apple) this bad ass that's brand new and under $2000 shipped! And oh yeah, it's a rack mount!!! And it has 2 PS2 hook ups...whatever that means :Spin: Play station on your computer?
My 1.4Ghz G4 is just going thru HELL running PTLE...EWQLSO Gold/ EWQLSC/DFHS C&V/ and Atmosphere+Trilogy and plug-ins. I can do it piece by piece(track by track) but it really gets in the song writing way. (Think of an idea for say the choirs and I have to remove or turn off many other things.
Thanks for any helpful replys guys!!!!!

AMD Sempron is a horrible CPU... Run very hot and unreliable. At least get a Athalon XP bigger than 2800+. And like everyone said, MORE RAM... I have 3gb and it's still not enough sometimes (a million tracks in que).

cool!! thanks all... now this i can use!!!

i heard some story's on AMD yeah, if i can get better i will probably go for something like a Intel Pentium4 3.0GHz FSB800 (1Mb cache) (with motherboard offcourse..)

that would have me set for a while then, a second internal harddrive will have to wait for a while (since i'm on a budget...), but i will change it eventually.. right know its just for mixing stuff i recorded somewhere else and tracking some bass and guitars.. (maybe some drums in the future, if i get my some mics..)

so the pentium 4 will probably be the only change i'm gonna make, but i bet i will
be more then set when this one is finished. :headbang:

I've got a FW800 drive, 160GB 7200 rpm, the last project i mixed i had to put some tracks on a different drive because the FW drive wouldn't keep up, it was about 35-40 tracks...
I haven't had that happen with internal drives ever.