HUGE new DOUBLE ISSUE for 5/21... PREVIEW!!!

Jim LotFP

The Keeper of Metal
Jun 7, 2001
Helsinki, Finland
www.lotfp.com
This is a big one... double issue, over 15 full pages (will count as 2 issues on a subscription)... This issue contains:

Thoughts on the Washington Post article on metal magazines...

HUGE four page interview with Daniel Gildenlow of PAIN OF SALVATION... this interview is the equal of any interview to hit LotFP... EVER... some quotes from Daniel:

"I don’t listen much to prog metal generally, so that’s probably one of the reasons as well. Ninety percent of it is uninteresting to my ears."

"As well as the beginning, “She’s twelve, I’m only ten” is more the tension and excitement people feel when they’re that age. I know that I felt it. The feeling of being a child and discovering the other sex, or if you’re another kind of human being, the same sex."

"People that try to commit suicide, life is so much about skin and flesh and blood. It’s so close. That’s how life presents itself. I’m a bit brutal just to get inside that shell that most people put up as a filter for life, to experience life the way we see it in the movies."

Interview with Jen Gore of Avidost... quotes...:

"I suppose Ray Alder could save money on his Chinese egg addiction were he to move to China, where he could remain a full-fledged member of FATES WARNING."

"People aren’t interested in buying demos; they want real albums. Heck, I wouldn’t buy a demo."

Part I of a STAR ONE interview with Arjen Lucassen! (Part II should be in the next week or two...!)... quotes:

"Oh what am I doing? I’m in the business for twenty years and here I am with a fourteen year old singer who’s never sung in a studio in her entire life!"

"With a really trembling voice I asked her, “Do you have a brother?” She said, “Not anymore.”"

"She had these lyrics like her head split open and her brains lying all over the place."

"I never got a phone call from Bruce [Dickinson] again. That was it, you know. I could have taken it if he told me, “Hey, I don’t like your music.” Or “I’ve got no time.” But this is silly, really silly."

"Nostradamus, Avantasia. I think these albums are technically brilliant. Very well done, very well sung. But I wanted to do it differently. I thought the singers all sounded the same."

A very rare interview with the Czech metal cult ROOT!

Angela Gossow of ARCH ENEMY!

A bizarre interview with FATIMA HILL!

An editorial... Destroying Metal to Save Metal!

Plus news and reviews!

DON'T MISS THIS ONE... this Pain of Salvation interview is INCREDIBLE!

To subscribe:

http://www.mindspring.com/~raggije/ORDER.htm