huge under 18s event in Sept

augdem

Jul 17, 2003
www.theimplicateorder.cjb.net
Saturday September 6 at The Arthouse, Melbourne, from 1pm-6pm:

The Implicate Order - extreme atmospheric progressive metal, diverse and soulful music.

Under 18's - don't miss this rare opportunity!

The Implicate Order are sheduled at this stage to be on stage at 1.45pm (second on the bill). Fuck I'm Dead and Steel Affliction are the 2 headliners, there are also 2 other bands. You will be promptly notified of any changes.

download MP3's from The Implicate Order 2002 demo at:

www.theimplicateorder.cjb.net

The ArtHouse: 616 Elizabeth st., Melbourne CBD
ph.: 9347 3917

Hmmmmm, I wonder if I can convince the nice folks at the Arty that I'm STILL only 17...........lets just hope that none on them recognise me from various overage gigs this year.............

to those wondering, I am 20............

Nakuth said:
Hmmmmm, I wonder if I can convince the nice folks at the Arty that I'm STILL only 17...........lets just hope that none on them recognise me from various overage gigs this year.............

to those wondering, I am 20............

Yeah dude, just make sure you are well shaved. You can't be asked for ID to prove that you're under 18 - that's bullshit. You don't need to have a concession card or school card or anything like that to be "legally underage".

That goes for all over 18's.

By the way - does anyone know what the deal is with not letting over 18's in to these shows? Why can't it be an all ages alcohol free event? Is it because the venues want to keep all the overage punters at overage shows, drinking booze, and so they ban them from underage ones? It doesn't make sense to me at all, I for one, as well as many others, go to metal shows for the music and could not give a fuck for alcohol whether it is available or not. If you're going for alcohol, then I say go to your local fucking pub. It's really sad if you can't enjoy music that you even think is good, without alcohol.

Hahahaha, yeah, actually, they did ask me for a concession card last time, but its all good, hey Draven, if I am able to make it, I'll ask Nick if he wants to come, too, we'll all go together.......

......anyway, in case I can't make it to that, any upcomming Implicate Order overage gigs?

hahahaha, yeah, sorry dude, its just I know there are some people who like to remain somewhat anonymous, anyway, its a pity you're noy 18 yet dude, otherwise I would see if you want to come to High Voltage this weekend with Leah and myself.............don't suppose you fancy a bit of age-faking? hehehe

I have just been notified via email that this show is to be postponed until further notice. I am fucking pissed off, don't worry, I'm just as pissed as you are, and now I have to undo the promo I did which took hours upon fucking hours. Here's how the organiser attempted to justify the action:

"Hello to all bands that were confirmed for this show.
Fuck I'm Dead, Steel Affliction, Tribura, Legion, Implicate Order.

"It is out of my control, but September 6 must be postponed until further notice. There is a long story behind it being cancelled / postponed and the good thing atleast is that i'm giving you all heaps of notice. sorry to disappoint but as they say shit happens... thanks for your time

"regards,

"Andrew 'George'
MELBOURNE METAL MUSIC MANAGEMENT"

I apologise to all our fans out there, and a show will be coming up soon, which I will fucking organise myself, so don't you worry about that.

Cheers.

That sucks, but, as Ben said, at least its just postponed............unlike a little all ages gig I was organising a while ago......got cancelled long before dates were announced, the reason, well, lets just say the high cost of insurance, shall we?

But I will try and get along to that overage gig, anyway, thanks for letting us know.