Hugo leaves To-Mera

Lee_B

Readin' me posts are ya?
May 16, 2001
Surbiton. The Posh bit
www.elitistrecords.co.uk
It’s with a deep degree of sadness that we have to announce the departure of keyboard player Hugo Sheppard from To-Mera.

Hugo felt that he had been neglecting his own personal musical projects since his time in the band. With a fairly heavy upcoming schedule of touring and promotional work for the upcoming To-Mera album, he was unfortunately unable to commit his time and energy to both projects.

He’ll still be involved in the ongoing mixing process for the new record, and his last show with us will be when we support Fates Warning in London on the 21st November.

As a band we wish to thank Hugo for sharing his talent with us for the past two years and we wish him the very best of luck with his future endeavours. It’s been a genuine pleasure to work with him.

We’ll now be looking for a replacement keyboard player, and are actively seeking applications from those who can meet at least most of the following requirements:

A High level of technique and musicianship, incorporating a thorough understanding of harmony, rhythm, sight-reading etc.

Ability/ desire to play in pretty much ANY style.

Good improvisational ability.

A good ear and ability to learn new material quickly

A strong interest in composition.

Must have own professional-standard equipment.

Ability to commit to live shows/ touring as well as regular rehearsals in London.

Please direct all applications to tomeraband@gmail.com or via our Myspace page at http://www.myspace.com/tomeraband

That's really SAD news :cry:

I think he was the perfect keyboard player for the band and probably the most talented young keyboardist I know. Damn it, I didn't expect this.

I'm looking forward to hear his contribution on the new album and of course, I hope To-Mera will be able to find a good replacement. Good luck to both Hugo and the band!