Lee leaves To-Mera

Lee_B

Readin' me posts are ya?
May 16, 2001
Surbiton. The Posh bit
www.elitistrecords.co.uk
Lee Barrett has stepped down as bass player for To-Mera. It was a decision made at the beginning of the year and a replacement is already in place.

“I’ve had a great time playing with the band, but unfortunately my “real life” work dictated that I was unable to fulfil any possible future touring or musical commitments. It was only fair to the rest of the band that I left now rather than encounter any potential scheduling conflicts at a later date. I shall hopefully still be involved behind the scenes and taking care of the band’s day-to-day business as I have been before, so I’ll still be sticking around.

Mark Harrington, also of Demagogue ( http://www.myspace.com/thedemagogue ) , is now the new bass player, so please wish him a warm welcome into the fold!”

At first I have to admit this was a joke, Lee, but it seems to be real. Hard to believe, though!

Who will write those extreme metal riffs now?

Quite noble of Lee. It's not the easiest thing to do, to step down from a band that is becoming one of the most respected underground acts alive. Can the new guy do the "lip-roll"? :)

so... what's the real deal? has lee left the band or not?
his name is still on the lineup info on myspace and in the promo pictures so...

Yes, I've definitely left. I guess we forgot to update the Myspace! The photos have already been taken while the album was being recorded. Since I played on the album it was decided that the band wouldn't have a new photoshoot until maybe later in the year when the press work for "Delusions" was over.