Huntress anyone?

SickBoy

Croatian Panzer division
Apr 9, 2004
Split, Croatia, Europe
www.myspace.com
I'm a bit surprised there hasn't been any buzz about one of the best newer HM bands... :)

It's a female fronted LA outfit which plays straightforward old school metal with a bit of black metal influence, and Jill (vocals) is doing a pretty good job there. She's on a grittier side of the spectrum vocalwise, most compare her to Leather Leone and that's a big plus in my book :)
On top of that, she does a bit of paganism&witchery gimmick, along with her being a playboy girl that's surely good for PR :)

The whole album is really good classic metal stuff and those who throw useless "unoriginal" comments at them probably find their down-and-below-tuned stop-n-go stuff very original... duh!

Now enjoy and comment!

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually the vocals is the thing that put me off the band the most.

I know that Sixxswine like them.

Really? You dislike gritty women vocals or you just dislike Jill? :)

I dislike her voice. Same as Angela Gossow or Sabina Classen.

I like women vocals with attitude of course (meaning not the operatic crap so abundant in power and goth metal): Doro Pesch, Veronica Freeman, Liv Jagrell, Jody Turner, Kim McAuliffe, Nicole Lee, Kate De Lombaert, Deborah Webster, Irena Bol and recently I start to like Leather Leone.

But the broad from Huntress, nope :yuk:

P.S. I forgot to mention Marta Gabriel and Nina Osegueda (I just got into her band A Sound Of Thunder).

I like the parts where she sings with a very good clean voice, especially some parts on "Eight of Swords". But the "screetching" parts makes me wonder how much she uses these on the other songs of the album.