Huntress - Starbound Beast

And Benedictum over all of those.

High-Five-Fist-Bump-GIF.gif

wow? really. They are not good. Super generic and the singer isnt that good either. Saw her perform at the Warriors of Metal fest and she was kind of a laughing stock the whole day.
I saw them a few years back in Germany. They seemed very unprofessional, and it left me completely unimpressed. That said, I thoroughly enjoyed the last disc.

LOL, not even a fair comparison, bro.

One of those bands is "metal as fuck", and has powerful, manly vocals. The singer is probably a bad ass trucker type guy.

The other is awesome and from Brazil.
LOL.

Not a lotta luv here for Huntress, but that's fine. We all have our favorites along with ones we avoid. Did check out Battle Beast, too formulaic for me, but can see how some would enjoy. As for Huntress, a few have mentioned the tongue in cheek aspect, which I think is a big part of their schtick. I don't think they take themselves too seriously. Hearing bits of an early Maiden, not comparing DiAnno or Dickinson's voice to Jill's... just more a feeling in the music and visual presence, an early 80s feel. Watching the Spell Eater video kind of is the point I'm trying to make. Rambling here I know, but the 80s metal feel is fairly close to front and center with the band, along with the modern cheese factor. To me it's just fun escapism.

Not a lotta luv here for Huntress, but that's fine. We all have our favorites along with ones we avoid.
Agreed. Regardless of style or genre, we all like what we like.

As for Huntress, a few have mentioned the tongue in cheek aspect, which I think is a big part of their schtick.
As Milt said early on, my issue isn't with the fact that their image (mostly Jill's) is over the top. My problem is simply that I think the songwriting is lacking.