Hyde Park Calling

princess_of_the_night2112

Goddess of Metal
May 23, 2005
Glasgow
Heard a few days ago about another couple of concerts lined up for Hyde Park in July, this festival being called Hyde Park Calling (how boring is that name). This is some year for concerts but I've never been a fan of The Who, so I'll definitely give that one a wide berth but I'm quite tempted by the thought of Roger Waters performing DSOTM on the Saturday which surely has got to be one of the best albums of all time, well it's in my top 5 anyway.

Roger Waters and The Who headline a new weekend festival in the heart of London. Razorlight and Texas will also perform with many more acts still to be announced.

Roger Waters will perform Pink Floyd’s ‘The Dark Side of the Moon’ in it’s entirety as part of his set for the only time in the UK this year and The Who will be playing a full set in London’s Hyde Park for the first time in 10 years.

Roger Waters headlines on Saturday 1st July, with Texas also be performing on the Saturday.

The Who headline on Sunday 2nd July, with Razorlight also performing on the Sunday.

There's many more acts still to be announced, to play on both main stage and a second stage.

Both day tickets and weekend tickets will be available - £42.50 per day or £80 for the whole weekend. They go on sale at 9am on Friday 10th March. Gates will open at 3pm each day.

princess_of_the_night2112 said:
Heard a few days ago about another couple of concerts lined up for Hyde Park in July, this festival being called Hyde Park Calling (how boring is that name). This is some year for concerts but I've never been a fan of The Who, so I'll definitely give that one a wide berth but I'm quite tempted by the thought of Roger Waters performing DSOTM on the Saturday which surely has got to be one of the best albums of all time, well it's in my top 5 anyway.

Roger Waters and The Who headline a new weekend festival in the heart of London. Razorlight and Texas will also perform with many more acts still to be announced.

Roger Waters will perform Pink Floyd’s ‘The Dark Side of the Moon’ in it’s entirety as part of his set for the only time in the UK this year and The Who will be playing a full set in London’s Hyde Park for the first time in 10 years.

Roger Waters headlines on Saturday 1st July, with Texas also be performing on the Saturday.

The Who headline on Sunday 2nd July, with Razorlight also performing on the Sunday.

There's many more acts still to be announced, to play on both main stage and a second stage.

Both day tickets and weekend tickets will be available - £42.50 per day or £80 for the whole weekend. They go on sale at 9am on Friday 10th March. Gates will open at 3pm each day.

Who the helll is Texas anyway???????????

liama said:
Who the helll is Texas anyway???????????

Haha well they're not one of my favourite bands put it that way Liam.

They've been out for about 15 years or so, a band from Glasgow and the singer is called Sharlene Spiteri. She's got a good voice right enough but they're not exactly heavy rock/metal, so therefore I do not like them very much but they've released a few albums out and they've had quite a few top ten singles, i.e. Black Eyed Boy, I Don't Want a Lover, Summer Son and Inner Smile. They've been quite quiet over the past couple of years cos she had time off to have a wain (baby) called Misty and she's since split with the boyfriend but Texas have a new album out now I think. They played a wee gig at King Tuts only a couple of months back probably just to find out if they were still as popular as they once were and obviously they are cos I'm sure they're playing at the SECC or somewhere big like that later on in the year. And they're probably playing at T in the Park as well in July.

princess_of_the_night2112 said:
Haha well they're not one of my favourite bands put it that way Liam.

They've been out for about 15 years or so, a band from Glasgow and the singer is called Sharlene Spiteri. She's got a good voice right enough but they're not exactly heavy rock/metal, so therefore I do not like them very much but they've released a few albums out and they've had quite a few top ten singles, i.e. Black Eyed Boy, I Don't Want a Lover, Summer Son and Inner Smile. They've been quite quiet over the past couple of years cos she had time off to have a wain (baby) called Misty and she's since split with the boyfriend but Texas have a new album out now I think. They played a wee gig at King Tuts only a couple of months back probably just to find out if they were still as popular as they once were and obviously they are cos I'm sure they're playing at the SECC or somewhere big like that later on in the year. And they're probably playing at T in the Park as well in July.

So thier a Scottish band called Texas...... Makes sense!

You seem to know alot about a bans that his not one of your favorites!

liama said:
You seem to know alot about a bans that his not one of your favorites!

Haha yip it does sound like I'm a closet Texas fan but honestly I'm not, it's just that they seem to get mentioned about once a week in the Daily Record, so I just read about them, even though I'm not in the slightest bit interested in them. I was watching the highlights of that T in the Park Festival one time, obviously waiting to see some other band come on but Texas were on before them and they looked ok I suppose, not my cup of tea at all, but the crowd seemed to lap them up cos they went down a storm.

liama said:
So thier a Scottish band called Texas...... Makes sense!

Yes they should really have called themselves something more appropriate like Glasgow or something but they couldn't really use that name cos there is or was a band called Glasgow, a very good rock band and I saw them a few times, they were pretty damn good live.

Wow that's weird Dan cos both of us probably were at a lot of the same concerts but didn't know each other then (and you probably didn't come over to talk to me anyway cos you thought I was a lezzie :lol: . ) I'm sure I saw Glasgow a couple of times in the Burns Howff and probably that Kelvingrove Festival thing, I think I saw them play there one year many many moons ago. Yeah they were excellent band.

Can't remember if I asked you this before but do you remember seeing a band called Hazzard in the Burns Howff. I saw them a couple of times and I really liked them, they were excellent. No-one else seems to remember seeing them or hearing them but I've still got their single Snake in the Grass/Kicked to the Ground signed by the band which they were handing out one night in the Howff. Snake in the Grass is a fantastic song.

Well I don't think many of us will be heading to this after I heard who else is playing. Started off sounding quite good with Waters but I wouldn't go out of my way to see any of this mob:-

Saturday - Starsailor (Alcoholic was awesome right enough)
Sunday - Primal Scream, Ocean Colour Scene (that Riverboat song or whatever the hell its called is superb but that's the only OCS song I like).

Nah I think I'll keep my money for that British Steel NWOBHM fest later in the year, about 90% certain I will be in attendance at that one. Anyone else thinking of heading to it?

Texas? How can a band sooooooooo shite survive for sooooooooo long?
Ohhhhhhhhhh, I see, the lead singer is (or was) taking it off their record company boss, that explains it! I guess it's another take on "sucking corporate cock", and anyway, it did the trick - they stayed signed, got all the promotional pushes, sold a few records. Drivel, absolute drivel.

Oh, and that old boiler is mighty ugly, so she must suck like a Dyson!!

TheAssMaster said:
Oh, and that old boiler is mighty ugly, so she must suck like a Dyson!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yet another hilarious post from you Assmaster. I mean, there's a lot of folk that think she's gorgeous and she was doing some modelling for thon gayguy that I can't remember his name now, Jean Paul Gaultier, just remembered his name but I'm sorry she definitely doesn't get my juices going at all, she's ok looking but a bit too masculine and since I'm almost a lez now as well, I prefer my ladies to look more feminine than what she does.

But I bet you'd still do her if the opportunity arose Assmaster, and yeah probably up the chutney funnel as well - oh but right enough she's waaay too young for you, cos I bet you,your the type of guy who goes to all these fetish clubs because you just love to chow down on all the little old ladies who are at least 68 years old all nice and leathery and wrinkly and who taste like the inside of Paula Radcliffe's running shoe:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: