Hyping a rivalry which doesn't actually exist

xfer

I JERK OFF TO ARCTOPUS
Nov 8, 2001
New York City
www.geocities.com
Maudlin of the Well board: 5731 posts
Anathema board: 10780 posts

At some point, someone's going to do a search for "Anathema", and find this, and then write an article in TERRORIZER about the "motW/Anathema feud", but in order to make it sound more METAL they'll probably say Greg hit Vinny Cavanaugh with a broadsword or something.

Aw SHIZZNITZ!!

I posted on their board once earlier today.
I am a contributor!
I am the problem!
I must be stopped!

Eh, it was only one. And this post negates that.
It was about Tom Waits anyway, and actually furthered the derailing of on-topic subject matter, so nyah.

btw, that broadsword thing is brilliant. And I just watched the Two Towers trailer...

Originally posted by xfer
It means they don't have kazillions of threads like this .
BWAHAHAAAA! I loved that one. I had no idea that even Cthulhu liked to go sunnin' and drink pina coladas with pink umbrellas in them while getting sand in his crotch.

I believe it also means that Anathema-ites recycle their posts. This board is more wasteful. But in a good way.

Anathema: posts: 10838 threads: 467
motW: posts: 5943 threads: 419

OK- I think it is entirely possible we could overtake them in the threads department today, or at least by weeks' end. The posts will take longer, and may be more of a massive project, but it'll happen. As for the threads, it could be perceived as a baby step toward complete domination.

Anyone?

Think about it - this board has only been up since late July, and the active user number grows exponentially each week. At this rate, especially with the addition of goatschool, we should be able to overtake them in posts by Halloween.

A phrase burned into my mind was something written on the wall of the bathroom in my high school sometime between 1991-95...I don't know exactly what it means, whether it's bad or good, but:

"OZZY RULES DICKS"

Somehow, your post evoked that memory.