Hypocrisy - 26.09.13 Toulon – France. Is there anybody coming?

hypocrisy1947

New Metal Member
Mar 25, 2006
Hello everyone,

My name is Rafael, I'm from Brazil and I run the official brazilian Hypocrisy website.

For a strange coincidence, I'm here in France doing some training for my job, and I noticed that Hypocrisy is going to do a gig in a city called Toulon, in France. Is there anybody coming to this gig? Since I'm from Brazil, and I don't speak French, I'd like to more info about the place, how to go, to come back, etc... Any tips would be helpful ...

The only time I could watch them live was in the Long Time, No Death South America Tour, and I stil think is a amazing coincidence that they are getting here to France.

That's it, take care,
Rafael

Hi, I doubt that I will be going to that concert, but I can help you organising a bit if you like, where will you be staying those days? And what would you need help with exactly?

hello!

I'm staying at La Ciotat, near the port. I want to know about the logistics, since if there's any possibility of attending this gig, would be by bus or taking a cab. So, the best way to get there, from La Ciotat to Toulon, the logistics, if it's a safe place, etc etc. There's also a big language wall, since I don't speak French, just my standard English.

Any help and tips would be appreciated, and if turns to be too difficult to attend, I'm gonna catch them in Brazil later. (I hope so!) =)

I am looking into this now, and it seems that the concert hall is the other side of Toulon from where you are staying (and not even in the city of toulon).
That means that the distance is about 45km/30 miles.

You could go there by train (you can find the train details here), you can take the train from "La Ciotat", change at "Toulon" and arrive at "La Garde", it takes between 30 and 45 minutes and costs 7,60€, but there are no trains to go back (the trains leave every about 30 minutes, and the last one leaves at 19:13).
And you would have to walk from the train station to the concert place, and it is about 3km.
You should be able to get the train tickets at ticket machines at the train station.

For a taxi I looked here and it seems that for that distance it would cost about about 120€ with the night prices.
It could be good to look for a taxi before or even book it for the end of the concert (maybe get the hotel to book it for you).

Otherwise it could be easier/better to try renting a car if you really want to go.

I don't know the area that much, so I don't know about it being unsecure, but I would think that it is ok, you could always ask at the hotel, they might know better! And if you organise it correctly, there shouldn't be too much of a language barrier ;)

I didn't notice that it was so soon, I hope that you enjoy it if you manage to find a way to go!

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask, and I will try to answer on time!

Hey, just came back to say thank you.
I didn't manage to go to the show, I noticed that tould not be that easy. I don't know anyone here, I don't have a car license, no way to come back later, no ride, etc etc etc.

But of course if was in Brazil, and I had to travel the whole day alone, I wouldn't care. Hopefully they come back until the end of this year.

Anyway, thank you very much for your attention and reply.

Rafael Madrid