Hypocrisy (Penetralia) - The Abyss (Gold Editions)

hypocrisy1947

New Metal Member
Mar 25, 2006
Hello everybody,

You guys probably already know about the Penetralia Gold Disc CD edition ...

but, I didn't notice until a week ago that both The Abyss albuns were also released under this Gold Disc edition, and it was also been remastered, and released by Metal Mind Productions.

My question is, does anybody here have this releases? Is the booklet any different from the original ones? What about these "remastered" sound for the "Gold Disc" any difference?

I didn't find any High Quality samples to hear, and it's too expensive here to just buy for the sake of a "Gold Disc Edition"

That's it =)

Rafael Madrid
http://www.facebook.com/hypocrisy47
http://www.hypocrisy.com.br

>>You guys probably already know about the Penetralia Gold Disc CD edition ...

I hear it for the first time.

>>and it was also been remastered

Who has remastered these albums? Pete?

>>"Gold Disc Edition"

Sounds like one more marketing catch. I won't buy the stuff becouse fully satisfied with my DIGI-pak edition and it's quality of sound. By the way, will be very thankfull for sharing some samples in lossless quality for acknowledgement.

Yes Shamateur, it's been a while, but you know
"Gold S##T Remaster" so, unless it has a new booklet, or something, isn't worth it.

I didn't know about The Abyss edition, I was just walking into a CD store, thinking that was the regular 2 albums/1CD version, that I don't have in my collection. Then I saw the STAMP, metal mind productions, gold disc 24 bit remaster ... Then the guy asked about 45 US dollars for it.. it was sealed, but I could notice the same package of Penetralia or Fourth Dimension reissue... No booklets or whatever, so I just "Ok, Bye"

But as you said, if someone does have these albuns, or lossless samples, at least one track, would be nice... (personally I, doubt that is a good work... what can they do without the master tracks?)

http://www.metalmind.pl/index.php?dzial=wydawnictwa&more=1173

http://www.metalmind.pl/index.php?dzial=wydawnictwa&more=1799

It's different from that "Roswell - Demo version" on the Into The Abyss Japanese version...

Well I have the Penetralia gold disc remaster CD. It does have quite a large booklet with "rare" photoes as the place I ordered it from called it. It costed about 150 SEK, which would be about 15 Euros.

LudvikanHate

So what about sound? Any differences from original CD?
I have the CD which was issued in 1996 and on NB online store it was called as "Import edition". In addition to 2 bonus tracks contained it has very nice raw sound without any noise or something like that.

Shamateur,

I do not own the original CD, but it sounds like this version is just a re-issue due to it being hard to find on the market, as I have never seen the original verison anywhere.
The sound is raw but there is no noise on the gold CD either. So like I said, I think it is just a re-issue. I'm not 100% sure about this, but this is my best guess.

Oh, I forgot to say. The two bonus tracks are on this version as well.

There is an article written about the writing and recording process inside the booklet, but it is rather short. But since I do not own any other version I do not know if there is one in the other versions too.

LudvikanHate

Two bonus tracks "Life Of Filth" & "Lead By Satanism", newspaper entries in different languages and some pics in booklet. And more over, no noise.

That sounds about right. So my guess of it being a re-issue due to it being hard to find is the most probable explanation. If you have the earlier digipack edition I don't think the gold edition is necessary.

larger booklet?
I have the jewelcase and the digipak versions, and well..
It's ridiculous, Shamateur knows, like, "4" pages the jewelcase and the digipak it's only the case itself.

Anyway, doesn't seem necessary, like the final chapter/hypocrisy edition, in the same box.

But I would be happy to hear a High quality version of one song at least, even a youtube 1080dpi, one FLAC.

By the way, the digipak and the original jewelcase sounds the same. It sounds good, just the production is different of the Hypocrisy we know today.

I've got some information for you.
In 1992 was issued first press of Penetralia. In 1996 it was remastered reissues in digi-pak.
The same with Osculum Obscenum. So, everybody who has these albums in Digi edition 1996 have no need to buy that gold edition. The only worth to say is that gold edition has 24-bit sound.

well, the digipak reissue, is not remastered
for both Penetralia and Osculum
Osculum, you can even notice that gap somewhere with the volume, both versions, it's just a reissue, nothing more, except the bonus tracks(and the logo? hehe)
but, something that I didn't know:

http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Hypocrisy/Penetralia/1016

"The Metal Mind Productions version is interesting in that it is the first time a Hypocrisy album has had any printed lyrics (limited to 2000 copies). "

=S

Yes, I know that gaps with volume.
Maybe you're right, they are not remastered, but something was done with sound, because "import edition" and digi-pak and so on... I don't think that NB would start the deal with just adding bonustracks and cardboarded layout.

I have both, they do, often, to be honest
final chapter/hypocrisy, same sound after repacked, abducted reissue, fourth dimension reissue, and so on, no big deal... same sound, different package...

was just curious about how this remaster sounds, and then this "booklet"
I just opened the thread to see if someone could bring new info about this, scans, or, upload a HQ track on youtube or something, and to check if someone who reads here have them...

just that
later

Maybe you're right.
And concerning to "Abducted" reissue I think they just increased number of copies because it is still selling good and that's all.
In documantory movie Peter said that in that moment it was the most distinguishing work from Hypocrisy and they hoped that NB will put much effort to push on this album. But it wasn't so. Maybe 5 years later NB realized their mistake and tryed to correct it?