Hypocrisy's newest release

Sonnenritter

Jul 31, 2002
Appalachia
www.myspace.com
I JUST heard the newest album "Catch 22"... and it's fucking terrible. Everything about the album made me sick. Many say that bands writing the same album over and over gets boring, but honestly, I would much rather have 20 Fourth Dimensions than one Catch 22. Anyone else dislike this album as much as me?

The album is great.On first listen i wasn't overly impressed but it grew on me.Not as good as their others but a worthy metal release.Like AFSilverstar said.It seems to be the norm to diss all these great albums coming out lately.Like Meshuggah,Arch Enemy,In Flames...i haven't heard Reroute To Remain yet but the other two absolutley kick butt.

Peter Tagtgren commented that it was the first true Hypocrisy album in an interview I read. It may be different than what we are used to, but its still an excellent CD. Don't compare it to the other albums, it wasn't meant to be.

on first listen I said: is this hypocrisy or was there another album here?
on second listen I said: well it's not that bad,except for a lot of things is not that bad
from third to last listen: ok this album wouldn't be that bad if another band had done it.

Well I really like this album, obviously I prefer other Hypocrisy's releases but Catch 22 it' just awesome there is nothing in this album that i don't like, my favorites are:
Destroyed Uncontrolled & Seeds of the Chosen One

Hypocrisy rules, hope to see them sometimes here in Chile!

I read a whole bunch of reviews saying it was bad before it came out. Although reviews are usually pretty accurate, I didn't believe it. I mean, it's Hypocrisy after all. Now I agree with the reviews. And PLEASE don't get me started on the new Pain either.