I´ll see Metallica, Anthrax & Mastadon at the 4th July!!!

Felix Neumann

Sep 14, 2008
Germany
www.youtube.com
EDIT: SORRY FOR WRITING MASTODON WRONG IN THE HEADLINE! NOW STONE ME, FUCKERS!!! :lol:

Hell yeah :headbang:

The last time I saw Metallica was on Blindman´s Ball (about 1997). I fucking know, Metallica don´t make prisoners LIVE!! Seems like some non Americans will have a wonderful 4. July tomorrow :)

"Anthrax" and "Mastadon" I´ll enjoy as well! There are some other bands playing on the Sonisphere festival..like lamb of god, prodigy, Toten Hosen, In Extremo...hmmm yey.

i saw mastodon when they supported tool on the 10,000 days tour
all i could hear was bass, shame because the performance itself was sick

Seen Metallica 7 times, 2x Justice (with Queensryche), 3x Black, and 2x Binge tours. Always a great performance and they tend to bring above average openers--on the binge tour I saw them with Suicidal and Danzig

Anthrax was the first bigger show I saw, Among the Living tour 87 with Testament.
It was awesome, def. in my top 3 shows.
Cost me my chain belt though, was stolen by security.

Anthrax was the first bigger show I saw, Among the Living tour 87 with Testament.
It was awesome, def. in my top 3 shows.
Cost me my chain belt though, was stolen by security.

Agreed, Anthrax puts on (or did with Belladonna) a great show, saw the SOE, and POT shows, and they were outstanding live. From what I have seen of the current version of the band (with Dan Nelson) I am not quite a fan. I just find the new singer to "phil anselmo" for me

Can't say I'm jealous of you seeing Mastodon, but I'm jealous of you seeing Metallica and Anthrax though Felix!!!

Yeah Steven :kickass: Maybe Metallica is the most criticized Metal Band on earth, but Live there are phantastic!! I´m very, very corious about Anthrax..I liked the Belledona era. I will report my impressions here :)

i seen this topic, then immediatly thought of this..

bargains.jpg

i kind of want to see metallica live, just so i can say.. i have.

Oh noes! The spelling police has spoken!

Get a fucking life. "pet hate"< My foot in your ass.

Others of us have a pet hate for people who can't spell, or never use correct grammar, especially when they come from countries where English is their first language.

But back on topic, how was Anthrax Felix? How did Dan Nelson do with Joey's songs? And did their damn lead player learn how to solo yet, or not? All the newer videos/DVD's I've seen, seem to have the solo's largely missing, or cut down hugely. Bring back Dan Spitz and Joey Belladonna!

Others of us have a pet hate for people who can't spell, or never use correct grammar, especially when they come from countries where English is their first language.

But back on topic, how was Anthrax Felix? How did Dan Nelson do with Joey's songs? And did their damn lead player learn how to solo yet, or not? All the newer videos/DVD's I've seen, seem to have the solo's largely missing, or cut down hugely. Bring back Dan Spitz and Joey Belladonna!

They played as one of the first :( So..I did not seen them :cry: I´d never thought, they are such "unimportant" for the festival. I was there at 12 o´clock in the fucking morning. Lamb of god just played atm..WHY THE HELL ANTHRAX SO EARLY???

Anyway..it was damn hot, the sun burned, we was not allowed to bring any water with us (only 0,5 L for the whole fucking day) and for 0,4 L water we had to pay 4 Euros. So I spent about 80 Euros ONLY FOR BEER AND WATER!!! :rolleyes:

But Metallica was great...

1. Fight fire with fire
2. Ride the lightning
3. Fuel (hmmmm weird)
4. Fade to Black

:lol:

....I first thought, they wanted to play the whole RDL album (what I´d love to hear)

Oh noes! The spelling police has spoken!

Get a fucking life. "pet hate"< My foot in your ass.

Wow. You just lowered my opinion of you as a poster on this forum.

For a bunch of guys who are "into" music, and really fussy about what EQs and the "sound" of bands [our lively hood?] - I find it pretty hilarious that you get cheeky about me correcting someone who's name checking a band wrongly...

I get that mistakes are made, but it just annoys me.

BTW - I'm glad the show was awesome Felix. Shame they didn't play the whole of RTL.. Have they ever done that?

Wow. You just lowered my opinion of you as a poster on this forum.

For a bunch of guys who are "into" music, and really fussy about what EQs and the "sound" of bands [our lively hood?] - I find it pretty hilarious that you get cheeky about me correcting someone who's name checking a band wrongly...

I get that mistakes are made, but it just annoys me.

BTW - I'm glad the show was awesome Felix. Shame they didn't play the whole of RTL.. Have they ever done that?

It was fucking great, man! They played a couple of songs of Blood Mountain and some of the new tunes. The drummer was awesome!! :worship: