I am listening to cradle right now at this moment, and I'd like to say...

Nicky_M16

Aug 8, 2002
Visit site
We hear a lot about cradle as it were a sort of mainstream band (indeed it is)... so I took the record somewhere under my bed and put it on...
and I must say.... their drummer should better learn how to play if he still want his band to be considered as black metal... because damn, there's nothing black metal in his playing...

and that dani should really change his singing if he wants to keep his image serious.... hehe

Well don't ask me what I'm doing with this record under my bed...

Originally posted by Nicky_M16
We hear a lot about cradle as it were a sort of mainstream band (indeed it is)... so I took the record somewhere under my bed and put it on...
and I must say.... their drummer should better learn how to play if he still want his band to be considered as black metal... because damn, there's nothing black metal in his playing...

and that dani should really change his singing if he wants to keep his image serious.... hehe

Well don't ask me what I'm doing with this record under my bed...

Dani doesn't want his image to be serious though. If you've never noticed, there's a lot of humor in that band, and that's one of the reasons Black Metal purists hate them. And What about the music makes them mainstream?!?!?!? I don't hear one radio-friendly song at all on any of their albums. not one.

They are mainstream for a Black Metal band... because there is that rule that 'true' Black Metal bands only want 'true evil' people to buy their stuff... and CoF sell too many records for just 'evil' people to have them... and lots of numetal bitches like CoF too...

Still... I think it's all rather stupid...

Dani has a fuckin great voice... tortured and just fuckin scary... CoF are a good band...

Originally posted by plfffffft

Dani doesn't want his image to be serious though. If you've never noticed, there's a lot of humor in that band, and that's one of the reasons Black Metal purists hate them.

Well as a sense of humor, I think you're talking about when Dani stopped singing a couple of times in the middle of a show in order to yell at a camera guy and tell him really bad things. Well I'm sure he has plenty of humor of this kind. Considering that the band itself chose to interrupt this same show after 20 minutes of their music.

I think that the thousand people who paid to see their favorite band were not worthy enough for Dani's humor.

Originally posted by Nocturnal Emperor
nick barker rules btw who do you think is the best black metal drummer i would have to go for hellhammer

hellhammer is a slopfest. the only album i think hes impressive on is grand delaration of war.
barker is up there. i think trym from ermperor is the best. his drumming on anthems is amazing.

for pure black metal feeling, fenriz.

proscriptor also rules.

Originally posted by Nicky_M16

Well as a sense of humor, I think you're talking about when Dani stopped singing a couple of times in the middle of a show in order to yell at a camera guy and tell him really bad things. Well I'm sure he has plenty of humor of this kind. Considering that the band itself chose to interrupt this same show after 20 minutes of their music.

I think that the thousand people who paid to see their favorite band were not worthy enough for Dani's humor.

Ummm, that wasn't humor, that was Dani Filth being a prick. By humor, I mean that they, as a band, are not too serious about their whole dark, monstrous, evil, image. They have fun with it. Most of it is done for shits and giggles, and because it sells.

I know you guys prolly already know, but COF just signed with Epic Records....the music isn't becoming mainstream, but they are...which is fucking awesome. They aren't really changing their style or point of view, and they are becoming part of the mainstream...scaring the shit out of poser bands like Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park.