i am living proof that caffeine is one of the most destructive drugs around

im with jeff on caffeine being fucking awesome but i have to admit i really dont like what it does to me when i consume it in huge amounts after an all nighter

habsburgs, this thread is NOT about weed, and although i cant particularly do anything about i'd appreciate it if you would refrain from turning this into a "LOL WEED IS BAD" "NO DUDE WEED IS GOOD" argument, because this is NOT the topic at hand. the reason i brought it up was the make a simple comparison and it was just a substance i feel like i can particularly taste the difference in, the reasons for my, or anyone elses consumption of weed or caffeine is none of your business and fairly unrelated
simply put, dont go there. this thread is for the discussion of caffeine, full stop bro
i wouldnt usually be this much of a cunt about it but i really can't be arsed to have this explode into another topic with the forum arguing about whether weed is good or not, because we've all seen that topic here god knows how many times and it never ends nicely.

WinterSnow, cheers for the information man. I had no idea that sort of amount was considered an "overdose" as such
im definately considering quitting caffeine. the only thing stopping me really is the fact that i really really like the taste of coffee, but I'm going to try and search for a decaf that doesn't taste like ass
if anyone can recommend one, that'd be great (i'm looking at you jeff :))

No more caffeine for me!

I used to drink energy drinks after my day job. (To be able to practice more and harder with the guitar).
At first it helped me a lot but after some time I felt really sick from that shit.

So, no more caffeine!!!!!

i´m clean of red bull now for about a month.. i think i was really addict to it, 1 can after work each day.. the first days it really missed it, got a kind of down and low energy, but now it feels great and i have energy even without a red bull, coke or
something else.

why did we (my wife and me) stop with red-bull->
We used to have 50+ cans at home, we always bought them in masses when there was a special account (like 80 euro-cent / can), but now recently there wasnt any offer, and we didnt want to buy at the regular price, so were kindof forced to stop drinking :)

last week was an offer again, 88cent / can, but we decided because we are going really well, we dont start again with it

i dont like the taste of coffee, so i only drink all few weeks only a cup of cappuccino with alot of milkfroth and sugar when sitting sitting at a cafe terrace or similar :)

[snip]I'm going to try and search for a decaf that doesn't taste like ass

I know I had one around somewhere, but I'm not sure where... I must have left it next to the fairy dust, the secret to not looking like a twat while wearing a baseball cap backwards, and all the good arguments for the war on drugs.

(Seriously? A decaf recommendation... from me? I'd have better luck recommending tampons for menstruating gorillas...)

Jeff

I should probably rephrase. That totally came out wrong...

I went from being a "social smoker" to smoking 1.5-2 packs a week now. It's bad, real bad...for me at least. But shit, I'm surprised that you think that is a lot WinterSnow!

I know more than a handful of people that smoke way more than that.

-Joe

Whats with the wink ;) ?

Dont feel threatened Marcus.. I know you cant live without weed :lol:

I meant to say that sometimes people use coffee to mask other problems. For example.. you have depression or something, you feel like shit everyday so you drink coffee to feel better. I said coffee/weed before because it could be apply for weed too. You are depress/sad or whatever.. so you smoke and you feel great.

Im not saying coffee/weed is bad.. I mean it when people cant live without it. IMO if you need to drink half a pot to be able to work properly then there must be something wrong with you.

It's true, I drink caffeinated bevridges to run away from the fact that I was abused as a child.

My life will never be operational till I finish those six pots a day. :(

Yeah it's nasty shit. I've been hitting it hard during the long studio stretches, but it never really does more than buzz me slightly and then fuck me up really bad afterward with a crash when it's least needed.

I know I had one around somewhere, but I'm not sure where... I must have left it next to the fairy dust, the secret to not looking like a twat while wearing a baseball cap backwards, and all the good arguments for the war on drugs.

(Seriously? A decaf recommendation... from me? I'd have better luck recommending tampons for menstruating gorillas...)

Jeff

Haha!
I should have known :D
I wasn't expecting a serious answer to be fair, because it's a bit of a ridiculous question.

Öwen;8488297 said:
It's true, I drink caffeinated bevridges to run away from the fact that I was abused as a child.

My life will never be operational till I finish those six pots a day. :(

lol.. good for you ;)