i am living proof that caffeine is one of the most destructive drugs around

like the difference between pure home grown weed and shit you get from crap dealers who add loads of extra shit in to make up weight when you smoke the former it just tastes like.. earthy and natural and all the chemically shit tastes and feels like chemicals

I know exactly what you mean, natural weed, natural cigs, freshly brewed coffee, naturally distilled and fermented alcohol is always smoother more earthy and a hell of a lot more enjoyable. I smoke natural cigarettes and if I smoke anything else all I can taste are chemicals and gunpowder. Mine? earth, hearbs, I actaully smoke cloves which smell and taste just like black tea, going outside to have a cig and a cup of black coffee is like pure spiritual awesomeness.

Same thin with coffee, I get the starbucks brand whole beans and grind them fresh before brewing, go back to folgers, nothing but sour chemical tastes and the buzz makes you feel ill.

I like to taste and feel the earth in the procudts that I indulge in, not chemicals or how they buzz you, if i was into getting buzzed on chemiclas I would be doing crack or meth.

like the difference between pure home grown weed and shit you get from crap dealers who add loads of extra shit in to make up weight
when you smoke the former it just tastes like.. earthy and natural and all the chemically shit tastes and feels like chemicals

sometimes they will spray the weed with salt water to keep it from molding when stored in large amounts. this will also add some weight, and make the weed harsh.

other times, you will get weed that has not had the plant food properly flushed from the plant before harvesting. This is usually because the grower: a) is more concerned with yield than quality, so they use food right till the end of the cycle
b) grown by an inexperienced grower, or harvested in a hurry
c) stolen from the growers, therefor harvested before the growers had a chance to stop feeding the plants long enough for the food to leave their system

Better than cigs dude lol. I'm down to like two packs a week. Not a lot to some, but I was never a big smoker. FML.

-Joe

Way to go man! thats a hard feat. My girlfriend is pregnant, a we have managed to cut back to 4 packs or so a week between the two of us. Its not easy to quit, but if you set out a plan, its noy as hard to ween yourself out of the habit.

TheXRatedDodo how old are you?

I dont understand why people need coffe/weed to function. It would be better to fix the actual problem instead of masking it with coffe/weed.

2 packs a week? Not a lot, jesus, that is insane 42 cigs in a week thats 8 per day, thats only not alot to chain smokers since the average smoker is around a pack a week.

I smoke a pack and a half a day.:tickled: Nothing to be proud of, I know, but for some reason I am. :lol:

Regarding coffee, it was only a few weeks back that I was doing around 7-8 cups a day till I could take it no more. There's a thin line between stress and exhaustion, and as soon as I realized that I cut it down to 2-3 cups a day.

I wish caffeine had an effect on me. Four days of sleeping in a pickup truck while working outside in Louisiana heat can have quite the tiring effect. Unfortunately caffeine is such a diuretic that it'd be damn near suicide for me to consume too much of it.

Also, I'm at about a pack of smokes a day and a tin of Skoal every 2-3 days. Sweet sweet nicotineee.

Let's see... 21 years old and halfway through a Master's degree, teaching and tutoring since elementary school, and getting paid to scare people older than me with math... looks like I'm living proof that caffeine is fucking awesome.

Roy, caffeine isn't much of a diuretic until really high doses. Coffee also has other compounds that act as stimulants - not just caffeine - so monitor the amount you're taking in (too much might just turn your head off and make you tired) and the source you're getting it from.

Habsburg, the difference between my mental acuity without and with caffeine is like the difference between waking up stiff and sore and getting second wind while running a marathon. I don't need it, but... considering how much it can do, why not?

Jeff

Jeff, yeah I realize its really not that bad. But out on the job I drink nothing but water (and usually sweat it out within 30 minutes). I'll drink half a liter every half hour or hour and not piss more than once during the day - so I figure I need as little in the way of diuretics as possible. Also, psychologically it makes me feel better to drink water instead of a caffeinated beverage.

Who in this thread has said anything about needing weed? ;)

Whats with the wink ;) ?

Dont feel threatened Marcus.. I know you cant live without weed :lol:

I meant to say that sometimes people use coffee to mask other problems. For example.. you have depression or something, you feel like shit everyday so you drink coffee to feel better. I said coffee/weed before because it could be apply for weed too. You are depress/sad or whatever.. so you smoke and you feel great.

Im not saying coffee/weed is bad.. I mean it when people cant live without it. IMO if you need to drink half a pot to be able to work properly then there must be something wrong with you.

Let's see... 21 years old and halfway through a Master's degree, teaching and tutoring since elementary school, and getting paid to scare people older than me with math... looks like I'm living proof that caffeine is fucking awesome.

Roy, caffeine isn't much of a diuretic until really high doses. Coffee also has other compounds that act as stimulants - not just caffeine - so monitor the amount you're taking in (too much might just turn your head off and make you tired) and the source you're getting it from.

Habsburg, the difference between my mental acuity without and with caffeine is like the difference between waking up stiff and sore and getting second wind while running a marathon. I don't need it, but... considering how much it can do, why not?

Jeff

Everyone knows how awesome you think your are Jeff ;)

Im learning from Marcus :tickled:

atm I'm drinking like 2 liters of energydrink per day w'/o any side effects.
but more than 3 cubs of coffee will really fuck me up....must be something else than the caffeine in the coffee