I AM SO PISSED OFF...

RockGuitarX

Miles of Machines
Sep 14, 2008
SA Texas, USA
http://s415.photobucket.com/albums/pp237/RockGuitarX/Peavey/

This is my BRAND NEW returned Peavey 6505 from Musician's Friend. Right out the box! Check out the pictures... :yell::(
  • The faceplate is ripped off
  • Toltex is torn on corners
  • Wires inside head are stripped
  • Back gate that covers tubes are bent
  • Screws that hold gate have nails that have cracked the wood
  • Staples sticking out of the front
  • Scratched Interior
  • Much More Shit I'm still inspecting...

Dude, and this is the one you got AFTER returning your first, which was also fucked up cosmetically? Jesus christ, that's what you get for buying a Peavey new! :lol:

Dude...... that fucking sucks!!

Is that your second one? That's really terrible luck; I wonder if you've got a really pissed off UPS man? :erk:

RockGuitarX:

I'd recommend you call Peavey and ask to talk to Aubrey.
Peavey Electronics Corporation
5022 Hartley Peavey Drive
Meridian, MS 39305
Customer Phone: 601-483-5365
Fax: 601-486-1278

I had a VMP-2 a few years back that caught fire. Aubrey caught wind of this & really took care of the situation. (capacitor failed & arced. Not that big a disaster, but scared the hell out of me!)
They might be a big corporation, but they still have the "family business" attitude about them & do give a shit about their customers. I'd also recommend posting those pictures here:
http://forums.peavey.com/

And ask them if they think it's appropriate what Musician's friend is doing to thier product.

Maybe get your money back from MF & see if you can order from Peavey directly.

Good luck!
-0z-

That's one thing that sucks about buying from a place like musicians friend. Sometimes items that were supposed to be sent back to the manufacturer get put back into the system by mistake, which is obviously what you got.

I would second the recommendation to just give Peavey a call and see if they could be more help(I'm sure they will)

FUCK peavey! I am on my second 6505; they took weeks to replace the first POS with really poor communication and a "all the big names use our gear so whats your problem!" attitude. Guy in the store told me they have a had a lot of quality issues with peavey lately.
Wish i had more money to buy something better.
@Metaltastic - you are probably right: buying peavey second hand is a better way to go

Thanks for the help guys. I was just shocked to see that something like that would come to me in the mail "brand new"! It literally looked like it was supposed to be thrown in the dumpster after being beat with a baseball bat covered in barbed wire. :zombie: I'm definitely going to give Peavey a call later on today and tell them about my situation. (BTW Who is Aubrey?) I really wish I could buy it directly from them...

FUCK peavey! I am on my second 6505; they took weeks to replace the first POS with really poor communication and a "all the big names use our gear so whats your problem!" attitude. Guy in the store told me they have a had a lot of quality issues with peavey lately.
Wish i had more money to buy something better.
@Metaltastic - you are probably right: buying peavey second hand is a better way to go

Having worked in a music shop a few years back... i would say i think the problem was probably with the store...:Smug:

So, what's happening with it now?

Well the only thing I could do is mail it back to Musician's Friend. I requested a full refund and said I would just take my business somewhere else for better quality gear. Peavey wouldn't directly send me one because I'm not a store :(

Internal freight damage? How the fuck do you fray wires in transport? Unless there wasn't any grommets.... you know what fuck that it's impossible. :lol:

Ya, I think it was pretty fuckin crazy. The frame was shifted, wood cracked and wires frayed by internal freight damage :Smug:

Fucking amazing... wow...

Peavey are really screwing up lately. Seeing more and more of this kind of weird shit. How in the hell does that happen?? Maybe they have these guys building the amps...

OfficeSpace.JPG

You got a Guitar Center near you? They're a Peavey dealer & you should be able to get a non-fucked one.

Ah, but GC is the Wal-Mart of music stores - support your local Mom and Pop music store! (even if "local" is a relative term, and provided they're Peavey dealers of course, but most seem to be)