I AM SO PISSED OFF...

Maybe they have Bugera infilters that screw the gear, then people can´t tell "better buy a peavey, they are more reliable"

You got a Guitar Center near you? They're a Peavey dealer & you should be able to get a non-fucked one.

Well, I live in Texas and we don't have a state income tax so they compensate by giving us a really high fuckin sales tax. So I would end up paying over a $100 in taxes and I'm being cheap so I kinna wanna dodge it. On the other hand, I would get to see it before I buy it! :)

Fucking amazing... wow...

Peavey are really screwing up lately. Seeing more and more of this kind of weird shit. How in the hell does that happen?? Maybe they have these guys building the amps...

OfficeSpace.JPG

:lol: That explains why shit at Peavey has been so messed up lately!

Ah, but GC is the Wal-Mart of music stores - support your local Mom and Pop music store! (even if "local" is a relative term, and provided they're Peavey dealers of course, but most seem to be)

I agree with you 110% on this one! I'm good friends with all the employees and owner of my local music store but they don't deal Peavey or any good "metal" heads. :erk:

No, you guys are missing the truth of the matter. GC and MF have nothing better to do than open manufacturer boxes, fuck with the product, seal it back the same way it arrived, and ship it to a customer just to piss them off.

Peavey has dropped the ball in the last 2-3 years in shipping, returns, warranty etc. On a pure business level I've had a hard time with getting certain problems resolved.

Same thing happened with Ampeg once bought out by Loud Tech ... dove into pure shit.

Because of how important business is in a shit economy like USA - retailers are usually pretty good with products. I've notice just from a company stance than online retailers in general have stepped it up. But nothing they do can really make up if the manufacturer is just cutting corners left and right

Having worked in a music shop a few years back... i would say i think the problem was probably with the store...:Smug:

No, it wasn't the store - they shipped the amp straight to the peavey importer who then took 3 weeks to do anything.
I agree however that the store should have been on Peaveys ass everyday to keep me a happy customer..and i know they weren't.

can't help but wonder, was the box that it arrived in beat to hell?

i have a few co-workers that work/have worked at ups & fedex, you wouldn't believe the amount of stuff they manage to destroy...not generally by people, but your package goes thru a series of conveyor systems...if the box your amp is in happens to be one that gets hung on something or falls into the wrong place, you're in a bad situation

apparently 95% of the time a package is damaged, that's the reason why, not a person mis-handling it

No, it wasn't the store - they shipped the amp straight to the peavey importer who then took 3 weeks to do anything.
I agree however that the store should have been on Peaveys ass everyday to keep me a happy customer..and i know they weren't.

did you speak with peavey people in europe, or in the US?

i know i've called them directly a few times and always gotten great service, altho i've never needed anything as serious as a replacement amp

This is exactly why I build my own amps, don't have to worry about all this stuff. Well, I bought a Herbert, but that's a different story.

can't help but wonder, was the box that it arrived in beat to hell?

i have a few co-workers that work/have worked at ups & fedex, you wouldn't believe the amount of stuff they manage to destroy...not generally by people, but your package goes thru a series of conveyor systems...if the box your amp is in happens to be one that gets hung on something or falls into the wrong place, you're in a bad situation

apparently 95% of the time a package is damaged, that's the reason why, not a person mis-handling it

Actually the box looked fine. As I mentioned earlier they called it "internal freight damage". It's so risky buying shit online... :erk:

that's crazy...i've bought probably a dozen amp heads online, and shipped just as many...i've never had anything get damaged, only had one close call...

the last 5150 i shipped was packed pretty well, the box absolutely got destroyed during shipping; it arrived with a gaping hole in it and foam peanuts pouring out of the hole in the box...the amp was fine

if the box didn't look like a truck ran over it, there's absolutely no way that happened to your amp in shipping...i've seen 5150's take ridiculous amounts of abuse (falling off of a full stack into a drum kit!) and come away with nothing more than some tolex scrathes and knicked up corners

Ah, but GC is the Wal-Mart of music stores - support your local Mom and Pop music store! (even if "local" is a relative term, and provided they're Peavey dealers of course, but most seem to be)

Yeah, but if you're Canadian, GC is heaven 'cuz Mom & Pop will fuck you bigtime.

Seriously, Canadian retailers are goddamn criminals.

Well, I live in Texas and we don't have a state income tax so they compensate by giving us a really high fuckin sales tax. So I would end up paying over a $100 in taxes and I'm being cheap so I kinna wanna dodge it. On the other hand, I would get to see it before I buy it! :)

Cry me a fucking river. NO state income tax? Quit yer bitchin' you whiny cunt!
What's Texas' sales tax?

By way of comparison, try this: I'm Canadian, not only do I hand over a large portion of my income to government, here's how much a 6505 will cost me:

$999 USD = 1,215.28 CDN + 6% GST + 8% PST = $1385.42 Total. That's if you can find a Canadian retailer that won't rip you off on the initial price. I'm lucky that I live on the border & can bypass that bullshit, but not all of us do.

Europeans have it even worse with their tax system.

Suddenly, I don't feel as bad for you that your amp got fucked up in transit. Karma & all that. :lol::lol::lol:

Don't get your panties in a twist: It's just humor, that's all. No malicious intent. Seriously though, go to a physical retailer & buy one. It'll save you some grief. You just won't be able to buy extra bullets for a month, you crazy Texan!

Holy crap dude, i got my 5150 2nd hand from another country and it came in tip top. I dont think i could physically do this do the amp without putting a hell of a lot of effort in TBH! Very strange. Maybe you pissed peavey off in a previous life?

Cry me a fucking river. NO state income tax? Quit yer bitchin' you whiny cunt!
What's Texas' sales tax?

By way of comparison, try this: I'm Canadian, not only do I hand over a large portion of my income to government, here's how much a 6505 will cost me:

$999 USD = 1,215.28 CDN + 6% GST + 8% PST = $1385.42 Total. That's if you can find a Canadian retailer that won't rip you off on the initial price. I'm lucky that I live on the border & can bypass that bullshit, but not all of us do.

Europeans have it even worse with their tax system.

Suddenly, I don't feel as bad for you that your amp got fucked up in transit. Karma & all that. :lol::lol::lol:

Don't get your panties in a twist: It's just humor, that's all. No malicious intent. Seriously though, go to a physical retailer & buy one. It'll save you some grief. You just won't be able to buy extra bullets for a month, you crazy Texan!

I'm a whiney cunt? You sure do bitch a lot about your taxes. Don't get your panties in a twist. Fuck you stereotyping asshole ... oh ya.. no malicious intent :)

Holy crap dude, i got my 5150 2nd hand from another country and it came in tip top. I dont think i could physically do this do the amp without putting a hell of a lot of effort in TBH! Very strange. Maybe you pissed peavey off in a previous life?

Give me a second to check my previous life journals so I can find out ;)

I'm a whiney cunt? You sure do bitch a lot about your taxes. Don't get your panties in a twist. Fuck you stereotyping asshole ... oh ya.. no malicious intent :)

LMAO! Finally, someone who appreciates my humor!

8.25 % for Texas vs 14% for Ontario ain't that bad. (and I'm a little more justified in bitching, just not as much as the Europeans: they've got it the worst) Buying retail might be an option.

BTW, on a more serious note, who was the shipping company? MF uses free shipping, do they not?

LMAO! Finally, someone who appreciates my humor!

8.25 % for Texas vs 14% for Ontario ain't that bad. (and I'm a little more justified in bitching, just not as much as the Europeans: they've got it the worst) Buying retail might be an option.

BTW, on a more serious note, who was the shipping company? MF uses free shipping, do they not?

:lol: No I never said it was that bad but compared to other states in the UNITED STATES it's pretty high. The USA was founded on colonists bitching about taxes.. It's in our nature! As far as taxes go for you... ya you're fucked. That's why you come to the USA to bypass your laws and buy lots of your stuff! Anywayz MF uses UPS for shipping. I've always used them before and have never had a problem :err: I'll have to wait and see what happends with my return from MF before I do anything next. I might end up going to guitar center to buy it. But then I might lose all my bullets for the month and end up selling my horse and saddles. ;)

Mesa go through some heavy quality control before they arrive! Mine was top notch. I was actually gonna order a 6505 before I got the Mesa.