I believe in Santa Claus! - Includes MP3 (by Bill Hudson)

BillHudson

Mar 26, 2007
Christmas is here again! 2007 went by really fast. It was one of the most important years of my life. Not professionally, because it was actually quite useless in that sense (1 tour, a couple of good shows and pre production recording, followed by a bunch of cancellations).

Every year I write an open message to all of my fans & friends, and I include a metal version of a Christmas song at the end of it. I know some of you will want to just skip the message and go to the song, but please, read this message because it's really important to me. It's concerning this year, and I'm pretty sure some of you want to know why I said "I believe in Santa Claus" because that sounds like "fag talk". I know...

I think most people who know me are aware of how much I love this time of the year. I don't believe in Jesus Christ, and if he did exist, I don't think he was born in December 25th. But for some reason, I just love the feeling around this time. I know that most people (mostly within the 15 - 25 year old range, especially in the "metal" scene) tend to avoid anything that's traditional or "imposed by society" in order to look "different" or "cool" or whatever their stupid minds make up (totally unaware that all they're doing is repeat their idols' words. Isn't that traditional, too?)

Christmas is one of those things, and it's not hard to hear people saying "I hate Christmas" and having what they consider valid arguments to explain their points.

I think everybody should stop for a second and think about what Christmas really means.

It's the time to forget about everything that pissed you off during the year, everything your parents might've told you that you thought you didn't have to hear because you're "yourself" and think about the good things in life. You see, I don't know how the world came to what it is right now. The reason why being a "bad" person became "cool" is far beyond me. I don't get what's so cool about being the baddest dude around that nobody fucks with. Or being the chick who can get any dudes she wants, and have slept with 10+ guys at the age of 17. I've said this before, and I'll say it again. Have your fun... smoke your joint (if you're into that), drink your booze (if you're into that), play your videogames, do what you really like to do... but be a GOOD PERSON. What's so hard about it?

I hear from a lot of young people on tour, via e-mails and myspace messages all throughout the year. I read every single message I get, and I pay real close attention to every single conversation I have with every fan at every occasion. It really makes me sad that I get a bad vibe from most of them. I've lost count of how many people who stopped taking lessons from me because their parents couldn't finance them anymore e-mailed me saying "My parents are douchebags and won't pay for the lessons anymore". I even remember one in special that said "Due to parental gayness I won't be able to take anymore lessons", and the kid's mother (who probably came across her son's message) then wrote me a couple of days later explaining that they were in a difficult financial situation and I shouldn't listen to what her kid said. It saddens me that she actually thought I would. But I understand... it's because everybody seem to think it's cool!

Christmas is a good time to remember who's really important to you: Your family. Your friends. The real ones! Not the ones who "hook you up".

I believe in Santa Claus because during Christmas these things actually happen. For a day, people actually have good thoughts and intentions. The problem is, as soon as it's over, they forget all about it. That's what Santa Claus does. He comes, he gives everybody this "gift" and then they unfortunately throw it away the day after that.

Santa Claus does exist. Not as the nice fat old man dressed like Coca Cola who brings you an XBOX 360. But as the spirit...

Time for the song! Click here, you'll be redirected to my MySpace profile, and the song will be on the player for about a week. It's a very old recording, one of my first. I did it when I was 17 or 18 years old and had no experience as a producer. The quality isn't the best, but I had no time to record a new one this year. I hope you all enjoy it!

To all of you (even the ones who are laughing at this message - I know some of you are), have a Merry Christmas and a wonderful new year!

ROCK ON AND SEE YOU ON THE ROAD!
Bill Hudson
http://www.myspace.com/billhudsongtr

These are very nice thoughts Bill,and I have to agree with you in several terms.You see things almost the same way as I do.So I hope you'll forgive me to say that I still hate Christmas just for the pure reason,because I think it's a fake holiday.Everyone is pretending to forget about all the bad things for 1 day of the year.But what about the rest of the year? As soon as Christmas is over they'll try to stab you in the back.(OK,maybe not literally,but you know what I mean!)

Nice song,by the way...Merry Christmas to you too! See ya in Charlotte,NC on the 15th of January!

Csaba!