I can't believe PL are opening for Opeth.

Cutter

Fuck consensus reality
Dec 19, 2001
Sydney
Visit site
It must suck for PL having to open for Opeth. Considering their an older band with a bigger discography ( I think). I think Opeth may of even mentioned that PL where an influence at some stage or another.

Oh well... I think Kiss opening for Opeth would be justified...

oh...I can see the flames already

Paradise Lost were huge in the early nineties; everyone was into their early albums, and granted, they did release some fucking great shit (except all their songs had exceptionally boring drumwork), introducing the metal world to the death grunt/ female vocals duet, the dark melancholic, gothic death metal music many bands imitated later on.

Yeah I think that band could have been using a beatbox and no one would have noticed...The were a total yawn at the Montreal show, all their songs seemed to sound the same, were unoriginal and were on the same tempo. I can't believe that a band like that has existed for so long!

No offense if there's any fan in here but I have pity on you :lol: :lol: :lol:

Opeth generally has a bigger following in the US than Paradise Lost. In Europe, i believe PL sells lots of albums. Way more than Opeth.. thus being on a major label. But only recently have all the PL albums been released in the US. And since it is more pop these days, its hard to break into the US audience unless you are a dedicated fan, or have known them since the early 90's.

I think it is a bigger shame that Morbid Angel opened for Pantera and Kittie before....

Originally posted by valgalder

I think it is a bigger shame that Morbid Angel opened for Pantera and Kittie before....

ye what?!? Morbid Angel opened for Pantera? What a travesty. I mean, Pantera used to put on a fairly decent live show, apart from Phil continously mouthing racial expletives and generally being a brat. But it doesn't do Morbid Angel any justice to have to open for them. Don't know much about Kittie, but they sound like they suck record company dick.

Originally posted by Demonspell
My idea of injustice would be King Crimson opening for Tool.

I agree. I crapped my pants when I heard the legendary music of King Crimson would only serve as a warm-up for the sleep-inducing tomfoolery of Tool.

Originally posted by PiercedFromWithin
Yeah I think that band could have been using a beatbox and no one would have noticed...The were a total yawn at the Montreal show, all their songs seemed to sound the same, were unoriginal and were on the same tempo. I can't believe that a band like that has existed for so long!

No offense if there's any fan in here but I have pity on you :lol: :lol: :lol:

Seriously.

Paradise Lost seemed to have quite a few fans at the Jaxx show, which I just didn't understand. I too think they were totally boring, their past history notwithstanding. I swear it was the SAME fucking drumbeat in EVERY song. And then when the drummer was having trouble with his little "sample box" thing or whatever it was... it could have exploded and no one would have noticed for all the impact it had on the music. Pure Monotony.

According to Nick Holmes, Paradise Lost's entire catalogue has sold well over 1 million copies worldwide. Germany's their biggest market.

PL are absolutely amazing, and I hold them dear to my heart. I pretty much like every album they've made, esp. Lost Paradise, One Second and Icon. I really like the direction they've taken.

It is kind of weird how they're opening for Opeth, but North America has never been a big market for them.

whatever man...two things to say... paradise lost is terrible and tool is much better then king crimson ever was, although i know they are a highly influential band...

Originally posted by Hopkins-WitchfinderGeneral
Lets face it.

Opeth are way bigger these days than paradise lost ever were.

bollocks
Paradise Lost is MUCH bigger. even now to date. They arent so successful in UK, but the rest of Europe goes down on their knees for them.
BTW Paradise Lost is already a legendaric band, what you cant say of Opeth (we'll see some years further)

Pardise lost was such a shitty band,
i feel sorry for my self that i had to waste 45 min of my life seeing these idiots atempt music, there guitar players look like they have been playing guitar for 12 min.

Exp that he has been playing for at least 14 years.

He is a good guitar player, but the new stuff doesn't really do him justice.