I can't decide...Y&T or Engine...

Mr Toast

Threadslayer
Aug 1, 2002
www.mrtoast.com
OK gals (this means you too Keyser) and forum peeps!

I'm considering flying out yet again this year to see Wasp/Stephen Pearcy/Engine/Alabama Thunder Pussy (I didn't make that up) on October 18th (Brick By Brick San Diego), or Y&T/Montrose on November 8th/9th (One of these is at the Galaxy Theatre if I remember right)...

First off, if a Maidens show could coincide with (i.e. a day before/after) one of those dates, I would probably experience Metal Zen... but I doubt I will get that lucky... I'll get other opportunities to tease the new bassist!

Do either of these shows interest anyone? If a few people here will be going to one of these, it might make my tough decision a little easier...

:)

Edit: This was just posted over in the Meniketti forums...
107.7 the Bone presents:

Journey/Joe Satriani/Y&T/Montrose
Saturday, November 2, 5:00 PM
second stage at 3:30 PM
Chronicle Pavilion at Concord
Tickets on sale Sept. 15 10:00 AM Ticketmaster
Price: TBD

I'm leaning towards this date...

November 2nd
Journey/Satriani/Y&T/Montrose

That many awesome guitarists in one night is just too good to pass up!
:hotjump:

Besides, the WASP/Engine tour has an east coast date in December, so I might go see some family around that time and catch the show then.

Now if the Maidens had a show on Friday November 1st...

Mr Toast wishes thinkfully
:rolleyes:

Good choice Toast. I just caught Satch with DT and KX- his show is awesome. Ronnie Montrose is a MONSTER tone god! WASP is gonna kick ass tho......huh Coax. BTW-Did you know that Y&T gets its name from a Beatles' album?

That's OK though, I like driving!

Maybe I should rent a van and a whole bunch of us can commute en masse!

I had not heard that one Murray!

Well, the tickets for Bone Bash III were not supposed to go on sale until 15 September, but a presale is underway (www.ticketmaster.com: promo code BASH3)...

So, not wanting to end up TOO FAR from the stage, I purchased 2 tickets. I'm guessing I ended up about 19 rows back (If only I had been watching the Meniketti forums a little earlier), but that isn't too horribly bad. I listen more than I watch anyways...

Tickets ran me about $67 each after the 'inconvenience fee'. I look forward to an awesome show (and a well needed diversion; I am now pulling six day weeks at work due to a coworker being on medical leave... but this means healthy OT pay so I guess that makes up for it...).

But I digress. If anyone else wants to make the pilgrimage to Concord, this might be a good time to grab tickets...
I'll drive!!!