R.I.P. - Original Y&T drummer LEONARD HAZE

KingsGene

God of Thunder
Apr 1, 2005
near KC
www.kingsofthenight.com
Announced a couple of weeks ago, but was letting the dust settle from the festival weekend before posting....

ORIGINAL Y&T DRUMMER LEONARD HAZE PASSES AWAY AT 61

"...Leonard Haze, original drummer for legendary Bay Area rock band Y&T, passed away Sunday evening, September 11, 2016, at his home in Hayward. He was 61 years old.
Haze had been battling chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) for several years, making breathing difficult. Even so, he had fought to keep playing drums, performing regularly with his band, HazeXperience, and joining Y&T on-stage at the Fillmore in San Francisco in both 2015 and 2016. HazeXperience was scheduled to open for Y&T at the Mystic Theatre in Petaluma November 18 and 19, and had been in the midst of recording an EP of new material...
...Haze was a founding member and one of the principal songwriters for the Bay Area hard rock band Yesterday & Today, later known as Y&T. He co-wrote some of their biggest hits, including "Hurricane," "Black Tiger," "Mean Streak," "Rescue Me," "Dirty Girl," "Forever," and MTV staple "Summertime Girls"..."

Y&T FRONTMAN DAVE MENIKETTI PAYS TRIBUTE TO DRUMMER LEONARD HAZE - "A GUY I SPENT DECADES WITH CREATING GREAT MUSIC TOGETHER"

Y&T TO PAY TRIBUTE TO “FALLEN BROTHER”, DRUMMER LEONARD HAZE, AT THIS YEAR’S MYSTIC THEATRE WEEKEND; DAVE MENIKETTI ISSUES NEW STATEMENT

hazetribute.jpg

Reactions: Kez
That really hurt me. One of the best bands I have ever seen live. Saw them open for Dio right after 'Mean Streak" came out. They tore the place down. People who had never heard of them were leaving talking about how incredible the opening band was. Leonard was a big influence on my drumming...even as he was influenced by Ian Paice...another fav of mine.

Reactions: H.P. Lovecraft