I can't remember if I posted the "little dirty girl" thing a few days back...

xfer

I JERK OFF TO ARCTOPUS
Nov 8, 2001
New York City
www.geocities.com
...but further developments have increased the hilarity tenfold!

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/07/08/girls.name.ap/index.html

LOS ANGELES, California (AP) -- State Education Secretary Richard Riordan jokingly told a child her name, Isis, meant "stupid dirty girl," prompting the head of the California NAACP on Thursday to call for his resignation.

"
Democratic state Assemblyman Mervyn Dymally, who had scheduled a protest by civil rights organizations, canceled the demonstration after an apparent mix-up over the girl's racial background.

Dymally was quoted in the San Jose Mercury News Thursday saying the child was "a little African-American girl. Would he (Riordan) have done that to a white girl?"

The girl is white, with blonde hair."

He claimed to just be teasing the girl, but that wasn't too smart.

"Mr. Secretary, my mom said you're aren't trying to raise the quality of education in California above the sewage level..."
"Yeah well that cunt sucks dick for a living, so what does she know!?! Oh I'm just kidding!"

i pretty much buy Riordan's explanation. it said it in more detail in the article several days back, but he basically misheard the girl and his joke, which was probably intended to be roguishly off-color, came off as being inappropriate and mean. there really is such a fine line in a lot of situations.

I saw the video and yeah, it wasn't bad, but when in camera it's never wise because things are bound to get blown out of proportion. The bit I saw said "the crowd was shocked and taken aback for a few seconds" but what I saw was some kids laughing. The kids got the joke, the adults didn't.

Either way, dumb move on Riordan's part. He should know how the media works by now. Most importantly though, it's funny!