i couldn't find a Silver Mt. Zion thread

NAD

What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
Jun 5, 2002
Kandarian Ruins
so i'm making one.

i have He Has Left us But Shafts of Light Still Sometimes Penetrate the Butthole and Born Into Trouble as Yer Naked Ma Shits Upward.

it is my understanding that they shifted toward a different style after these albums.

anything worth getting?

anyone feel like posting an mp3?

spank you.

i jsut realized Sexy Little Otter = SLO = San Luis Obispo = one of my favorite cities.

SLO Brewery has awesome beers too.

product_CA.jpg

hard to see, but this is an amazing sausage.

(i'm talking to myself because this thread will be ignored by all but like, 3 lurkers)

Sexy Little Otter said:
so i'm making one.

i have He Has Left us But Shafts of Light Still Sometimes Penetrate the Butthole and Born Into Trouble as Yer Naked Ma Shits Upward.

it is my understanding that they shifted toward a different style after these albums.

anything worth getting?

anyone feel like posting an mp3?

spank you.

Here's some live shows: http://www.archive.org/audio/etreelisting-browse.php?collection=etree&cat=A Silver Mt Zion Many other post-rock bands here, as well as the expected tape trader-friendly jam bands.

I'd defeinitely listen to the later stuff before buying, because of the now-omnipresent unprofessional vocals...

There's a thread called "2004 non-metal albums that turn me on"...
Pretty Little Lightning Paw is one of them.

They're good but nowhere near the godliness of Godspeed.

Sexy Little Otter said:
i jsut realized Sexy Little Otter = SLO = San Luis Obispo = one of my favorite cities.

SLO Brewery has awesome beers too.

coulda used this info a year and a half ago! we stayed in that town!

Not enjoying their vocal-led work is engaging in gay and lying behavioUr.

No really, this stuff is great. Add Efrim to my top 10 Jew list.

"Born Under Trouble.." reigns supreme for me. And I don't like the last two.

Call me gay.

I'd like to hear this band now.

I have one post rock LP: Godspeed! You Black Emperor - Yanqui U.X.O.

I listened to it once.

It was good.

I have all their albums except the last one which I totally don't care about. Favorites are "He has left us..." and "This is our Punk-Rock".

NAD - could you do me a favour and YouSendShit some MP3s from the stuff you have? You mentioned these guys in that "recommend me some Neurosis/Isis/Pelican style bands" thread I started months back, but I haven't been able to find any samples. Gonna check out the stuff in this thread though, obviously.

dill_the_devil said:
You mentioned these guys in that "recommend me some Neurosis/Isis/Pelican style bands" thread I started months back
I did? I can't imagine why, they don't sound anything like that type of stuff. :loco:

But yeah, joo got it mang. I'll post some mp3s in this thread later tonight.