I did it - 25 years later

klandrea

Hemmerleinhalle Forever
Jan 22, 2003
Forchheim/Germany
Visit site
Yessssssssss I did it. 25 years with Saxon. Saw their first show in August 1980 during the 3rd Golden Summernight Festival in a town near by Nuremberg/Germany. 25 years (and over 20 live shows) later I joined their gig on Dec. 11th 2005 in Nuremberg again. It was a great night out with the boys. Thanks.:headbang:

Well done! I also saw them headlining for the first tour in 1980 at St. George's Hall in Bradford and was present at Rio's ,also in Bradford, in 2005. I've seen them in Nuremberg as well at the Z-Bau. Weiss bier and Saxon,you can't beat it! :headbang:

Hi Bert,

indeed the gig in Nuremberg/Z-Bau was fantastic. Crowded and hot but greeeeeat. By the way: My first rock concert was in 1979 with AC/DC (Bon Scott) and Judas Priest as support. Location: the legendary Hemmerlein Hall in Neunkirchen/Brandt (near by Nuremberg). :tickled:

My first Saxon gig (well it was my first gig that I ever went to) was also in 1980. Saxon headlined the Rainbow theatre, supported by Lionheart (who I didn't see). So it's 25 years of Saxon for me too having recently seen them in Berlin, Dudley and Nottingham. Heres to the next 25 years!

klandrea said:
Hi Bert,

indeed the gig in Nuremberg/Z-Bau was fantastic. Crowded and hot but greeeeeat. By the way: My first rock concert was in 1979 with AC/DC (Bon Scott) and Judas Priest as support. Location: the legendary Hemmerlein Hall in Neunkirchen/Brandt (near by Nuremberg). :tickled:

Hi there Klandrea, that is quite an impresssive first-gig line up. My first was Thin Lizzy also 1979 (April,I think!) at the not-so legendary St George's Hall in Bradford. When tickets went on sale we had to queue overnight in really deep snow. I remember we were all having a huge snowball fight with the Postmen and Busmen making their way to work in the early hours after they dared to question our sanity for being out in such weather! I remember having severe tonsilitis for a couple of weeks after also. It was worth it!

Hi again Bert,

we were 4 or 5 school friends brought by our parents to the Hemmerlein Hall. We arrived at 2 p.m. and were the first on the huge glass door. Hour by hour it get more and more crowded and the pressure from the people backside get a little bit to much after 3 hours. We left our "pool position", went into a pub and returned after 2 hours. Ok, we stood now at the back side but it was a great show. I regret that I lost my ticket years later !!!!:hotjump: