I don't have that kind of money....

As much as I hate the music business, people who get sued for stealing have no right to complain.

Yap, I agree. If she would have bought the albums still she will be $-219616 richer. Dumb, very dumb.

BTW, when is the next SS session :lol:?

NP: Amaran's Plight - 'Tragedy In Truth'

Yeah, we definatly need another SS session :)
These days it's quit stupid to share your files with everyone, but the amount of money
asked is pure greed, as is most of the music business these days !!

Now I'm off for ProgPower, maybe I'll buy some originals there, maybe ....

I'll make sure I won't order any music/movies/videos from those companies.

Notice she's only being sued over 26 songs (and she was likely sharing hundreds or thousands)...that's because these major record labels can only sue regarding songs they have copyrights on. And even then, they only sue for music that has generated alot of album sales. Which, in a nutshell, means: don't share any Brittney Spears of Justin Timberlake songs (or any chart-topping popular artists of their ilk) and you're probably safe from these lawsuits. For now.

"Beyond the money, the industry added to a growing body of legal precedents holding that making copyright-protected songs available online, even without proof the songs went anywhere, infringes on the copyrights for the songs."

If you're online, someone can still get into your computer and access any Mp3s that you have stored on your hard drive, despite any type of firewall protection that you may have installed. Can we then be sued since technically we're "making copyright-protected songs available online," especially if someone accesses my computer from some remote site without my knowledge, even if they don't do anything with the files?

If you're online, someone can still get into your computer and access any Mp3s that you have stored on your hard drive, despite any type of firewall protection that you may have installed. Can we then be sued since technically we're "making copyright-protected songs available online," especially if someone accesses my computer from some remote site without my knowledge, even if they don't do anything with the files?

Someone hacking into your computer is a far cry from voluntarily registering on a popular file-sharing network. Even our fucked up judicial system can get that right.