I guess Bush is gone?

Bryant said:
I'm with you brother Vern !!! My first was "March of the Saint" but SoS, was their best to me. "Reighn of Fire" might be the best song they ever wrote. That album was powermetal like it is supposed to be done.

Bryant

Same here! I got MOTS first but SOS is my fave one. 'Tribal Dance' kick ass and then some, so are 'Reign Of Fire' and 'Dropping Like Flies'

Hawk -- you going to either the Eiffenar or Dynamo gigs? My first time to Europe and I should be there.

Although I liked Bush's vox, I saw Belladonna here about two years ago and it was excellent. I wouldn't mind either one to be honest.

Insania said:
Hawk -- you going to either the Eiffenar or Dynamo gigs? My first time to Europe and I should be there.

Although I liked Bush's vox, I saw Belladonna here about two years ago and it was excellent. I wouldn't mind either one to be honest.

I would love to be there at the Effenaar gig. But I don't know if I have the opportunity. I'll have to see. If you do know me and see me come over and say hello :wave:

I will not be going to the Dynamo Open Air fest. Although I would love to see Anthrax in the Belladonna line up, I do not agree with the idea of putting almost an reunion only bill together for DOA.

There are a lot of very good new bands struggling to get some gigs or media exposure. I just wished Andre [DOA organizer] would have put some of those great new bands on the festival. I am not into the "In the 80s everything in metal was better" nostalgia. Simply because its not true.

Believe me, I was there and lived it, every day.

Besides, I really hate the way DOA is almost completely ignoring a complete sub-genre in metal. There have been hardly any prog-metal bands on the bill. The same goes for other fests here in Europe. Wacken or Bang your head are all on the same boring 80s nostalgia trip and none of those festivals ever featured a serious number of prog-metal bands.

Aethyrs said:
About putting "safe" bands on a festival, check out the line up on Swedenrock festival this summer...talk about OS, I think it just about 11 "new" bands on the line up.
http://www.swedenrock.com/frameset.cfm

I think I posted about this festival before. I think the rooster is impressive and there are lots of bands old and new I'll die to check live.

You're playing Týr, isn't it? Great band I love that album.

i was never a Bush fan or anthrax fan for that matter.. but oh well.. anyways when i saw the title for the thread thought u meant another Bush lol Dubyai... was going to celebrate...

Hawk said:
I am not into the "In the 80s everything in metal was better" nostalgia. Simply because its not true.

Believe me, I was there and lived it, every day.

Besides, I really hate the way DOA is almost completely ignoring a complete sub-genre in metal. There have been hardly any prog-metal bands on the bill. The same goes for other fests here in Europe. Wacken or Bang your head are all on the same boring 80s nostalgia trip and none of those festivals ever featured a serious number of prog-metal bands.

Agreed! There are so many Good New Bands out there today ... Some of the Old guys gotta let go of their spot and let these guys in Hawk has this covered so I need not say anymore!

Too make this clear; I have nothing at all against programming some good old 80s bands among the many newer. The thing is, this reunion craze is sweeping the festivals this summer in Europe and the newer bands are suffering.

I would love to see Biomecanical, Symphorce or baldy's band on a few Euro festivals. It just seems the easy way out for many of the programmers. Of course they are fee to do so. I just wish they could have been more creative.

Hawk said:
Too make this clear; I have nothing at all against programming some good old 80s bands among the many newer. The thing is, this reunion craze is sweeping the festivals this summer in Europe and the newer bands are suffering.

The problem is that like it or not, it always come down to money. Promotors don't want to lose, so posting big names and/or hoochie-coochie comabacks is a way to draw more attendance = more money.

Sad but true.

Wyvern said:
The problem is that like it or not, it always come down to money. Promotors don't want to lose, so posting big names and/or hoochie-coochie comabacks is a way to draw more attendance = more money.

Sad but true.

Indeed it is buddy. Especially sad as far as DOA. Because the whole purpose of the Dynamo club and festival when we started was to give new unknown band some exposure. In those days a band like Laaz Rockit was unknow!

Well, I guess I've said enough about this...:erk:

I think that this Anthrax "Among The Living" reunion is just a one off for the summer. Bush is not out of the band and he is just taking time out to spend time with his new kid and Rob will probably do some producing work as he is a kick ass producer.

Come the winter the Bush-era Anthrax lineup will be back.

I think this is a good thing. Get the old line up together for a summer, get tons of press for it, then give the public another solid 'thrax album with Bush on vocals. This could also kick the energy back into Joey. That solo album '3' was a bummer...and I love Joey as a singer and bought all his other solo albums!

Wyvern said:

Sad but true.

It costs alot of money to run these festivals .... so its understandable if they want to recoup their costs running it and bill top name bands to do it....