I have the original reel to reel of ....................

Tape fucks up after some time you know that right?
So im guessing krokit is refering to the method of baking it so that all the film liquidy material shityy stuff that tapes are made of,bind themselves back together so you can make that transfer to digital,otherwise what will probably happen is the tape might just fall apart in the process.
It's well documented and im no expert on tape but i do understand what he means.
My question though is,are you looking for half inch,1inch 2 inch reel?
Depending i may be able to point you in the right direction.

So im guessing krokit is refering to the method of baking it so that all the film liquidy material shityy stuff that tapes are made of,bind themselves back together so you can make that transfer to digital,otherwise what will probably happen is the tape might just fall apart in the process.
It's well documented and im no expert on tape but i do understand what he means.

Ok, learning about tape, not sure which width it is, but if I remember rightly, I think it says amek 456 or something close to that. Will check tomorrow.

I picked it up a couple of years ago, been sitting at the studio for 16 odd years with a shitload of other reels. Thanks for the offer.

Hey Jonesey, cheers mate, with a name like that I swear you would be in Australia!:lol:

Yeah thats right steyvo. I had to get some old master tapes of my own baked before they could be used. Here's some info on the process from fxrentals in London where I had my old tapes baked and transferredhttp://www.fxgroup.net/tape+baking

an Aussie hatecore band called DAMAGED. The album is called "The Art of Destroying Life" which was done in Ballarat, Victoria back in 91.

My question is,
Is there anyone here, preferably from Vic, that possesses a reel to reel and would be able to transfer the info over to a digital medium?

Hahaha, hatecore? in '91 they were just a metal band, now they're hatecore? Sorry, I just find these sub-genres so funny and pointless.

Anyway, I love Damaged, and I don't think I've heard that album, I'm guessing it was before "Do Not Spit"?

I used to work for a company that tranfered Satelite data from old tape reels, and we had to bake the tapes overnight before loading them up and transcribing them. I think it was at around 65 degrees celcious for 24 hours?

Kronit-thanks for the vital info dude. Did not know that situation existed. Cheers.

Rainkaos- hatecore sounds funny, but no one labeled Damaged that, they labelled themselves that. As for the demo, yeah, it was before Do not Spit, first recording ever, apparently hard to get.

Duck, that reminds me, I better check the width of the bloody thing.

Yeah I just discovered that tonite ;) Pleas excuse my ignorance. Aparently skitz has hatecore tattoed on his back.

I still have my 'hatecore' Damaged long sleeve. Summed them up pretty well at the time, with hardcore/grindcore in the scene. I've never heard that album either, good luck with the transfer dude!