I just crapped myself!!!

metalkingdom

the kinder, gentler me
Jan 1, 2005
The first time that I ever heard (saw) the name Neil Kernon was in the liner notes of CC's Gore Obsessed. To be honest, I bought that record hoping that it would sound like Bloodthirst and was pretty disappointed when it didn't. I thought to myself, "Here's another new guy who thinks he's an engineer just because he's good with the Pro Tools keyboard shortcuts." After Wretched Spawn came out, I was like "Ok. This guy is pretty good afterall." I've seen your posts on the Nevermore forum and Sneap's forum, as well, and you always came off like a pretty cool guy with little pretensions.

Today, while in my office (the shitter), I grabbed the latest issue of Mix Magazine and thought I'd read the "Recording Notes - Classic Tracks" article on one of my very favorite recordings of all time - "I Can't Go For That" by Hall and Oates. As I was reading the article, I came across this passage in the fourth paragraph down -

"One night in 1981, after a long day spent working on the Private Eyes album, the crowd cleard out of Electric Lady Studios (New York City). Hall, Oates, engineer Neil Kernon and a bunch of instruments and amplifiers that had been left turned on were all that remained."

:OMG:

Well, all I can say is that it's a good thing that I was already on the can, because I would've made a big mess of myself anywhere else after reading that!

You sir, are a legend. :worship: :worship: :worship:

I just sent you a friends request (from "studiomonster") on myspace. Now that I know that you're a well-rounded kinda guy, maybe you will appreciate some of the things I've done in music.

Don't worry Metalkingdom, I wasn't aware of Neil's career until recently as well :

Funnily while I was quite aware of your metal side (Queensryche, Nile, Nevermore, Scorpions, Cannibal Corpse, Spiral Architect, Deicide, Dokken, FM, Judas Priest, Lynch Mob, Shadow Gallery, Flotsam etc etc...), I didn't know you worked with "pop stars" (if I can call them like that), so I inquired a bit and Oh My God !!!

Peter Gabriel, David Bowie, Elton John, Phil Collins, Queen, Supertramp, Julien Clerc (hahaha, not so famous but french nonetheless ), Michel Polnareff, Thin Lizzy, Yes, Rolling Stones, Magma, Gary Moore, Stephane Grappelli, Sex Pistols, Gentle Giant, Kansas...