nevermore recordngs

I-TEND-TO-DIE

leave this world behind
May 3, 2008
a good place in germany
hey neil kernon,

I know you produced the first 4 nevermore albums:
Nevermore, In memory (EP), Politics and Dreaming neon black.
What I wanted to know is how the songwriting process on these albums worked - I mean who did most of the songwriting in the band? Was it just Jim, jeff and van williams who wrote most of the music or was warrel dane also involved in the songwriting in general? (I know he wrote all the lyrics)

Iam just curious :cool:

I think that most of the core writing was, and probably still is, done by Jeff and Warrel. Everyone, myself included, worked on the overall arrangements, plus I know that other people contributed material to the various albums - Jim, Pat O'Brien, Tim Calvert etc. More detailed information should be available on the CDs themselves.

You know, I wouldn't know the exact songwriting details, simply because I don't own a full CD copy of any Nevermore album.

It's odd I know, and Jeff and I were talking about that recently while we were working on his solo record. I do have refs from the mastering sessions of the albums I worked on, and a couple of promos in paper sleeves with no details, but no full album copies at all.

:lol:

I think that most of the core writing was, and probably still is, done by Jeff and Warrel. Everyone, myself included, worked on the overall arrangements, plus I know that other people contributed material to the various albums - Jim, Pat O'Brien, Tim Calvert etc. More detailed information should be available on the CDs themselves.

i only own the Re-issues of this 4 records- there are no information..
just on the credits is mentioned and said: all songs written by nevermore,
anyway thanks for info Mr Kernon
just another question about dreaming neon black, one of my favourite metal albums ever in my collection!!
The concept was written by dane and I read he had the idea for the concept
(a man looses his girl...) because of his own relationship to a girl he knew..(ex- girl friend)
do you know any further things about the concept or didn´t he talk about that with you ? :lol:

Warrel did tell me about the concept, and I believe that it was based on a real-life experience that he had. For more details you might want to try going into the Nevermore forum here at UM and asking the same question over there. Good luck in your quest!