I just noticed this one on Thomann...

ahjteam

Anssi Tenhunen
I've always gotten the impression that Epiphone is like the Behringer of guitars... but maybe that's just me.

i dont think thats the case at all, couple of years back used to work in a music shop, and while some epiphones were shocking, the majority of them were pretty decent, just had to change pickups if i was to get one

have no experience with that model im afraid tho

I got that guitar. Off of the first run...

Like it A LOT. Made a thread back then with some crappy pics: http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/equipment/373706-epiphone-steps-up-competition.html

Put that guitar through hell and back and the only quality issue I had was a little crack of the neck-binding/coating (typical Gibson/Epi) but it didn't expend or anything so I don't really care.

Tuners are solid, graphite nut is AWESOME, ebony board is nice, body ain't exactly lightweight but not too heavy, pick-ups speak for themselves, 60s slim-taper neck is much nicer than the 50s baseball bats (IMHO), satin neck gives good grip... 24 frets on a 24.75" LP = absolutely useless :lol:

If you got any specific questions, hit me up!
l_c654f873fd99430cbbf5bdd624104acc.jpg

I got a Epiphone LP Standard, I swapped the bridge p-u with Gibson 500T and plan to put a 496 in the neck pos. it stays with me till death :) My buddy has got a SG EX from that series. Not a bad axe, not bad at all, the neck is noticeably thinner than mine. Dunno how it's compared to the ec1000 since I haven't played one yet.