I just saw Dream Theater

DRAM THRATER ARE AMAZINGQETHEY TURN PROG INTO MASTERPISECEAS

:kkikcass: :highgive: :wootl ol DT own all":

Im considering seeing them live soon....they are comin through TX.....!!!!.....the setlist is a huge deal for portnoy apparently...he analyzes every sletlist for teh last 3 or 4 times tehy been in town...adn avoid playing teh smae songs ...!!!!....nice one on his part...!!!...but I honestly wouldnt mind hearing ..."spirit carries on"...and "answer lies within"...over and over agina...in every show...hahaha.....good live band..!!!!.....PEAC EOUT

and it was seriously the best concert I have ever been to. Into Eternity was there, but their sound was horrible. Redemption was okay, but nobody could hear the lead guitarist, and the sound was also bad for them. But once Dream Theater went on stage, the sound was perfect, and the entire performance was a standing ovation.

Setlist:
Constant Motion
Panic Attack
Blind Faith
Scarred
Surrounded
The Dark Eternal Night
Keyboard solo
Lines In the Sand
The Spirit Carries On
In The Presence of Enemies pt 1
In The Presence of Enemies pt 2

Encore:
Trial of Tears
Finally Free
Learning To Live
In The Name of God
Octavarium

All the songs in the encore had sections of them combined into one sexy song.

I highly recommend going to one of the shows on this tour.

p.s. bring a lighter for the spirit carries one, I had to use my ipod :(

Mr. McGee is the biggest Dream Theater (Theatre, Thee-ter) fan boi out there..... and there is no problem with that at all.

I hope he gets to see them play live someday.

Mix

That setlist seriously is fucking ideal.

I'm prolly a bigger DT whore than Tubbs- if it was a choice between their music and the rest of modern prog metal (Opeth included) I'd choose DT in a heartbeat.

Mr. McGee is the biggest Dream Theater (Theatre, Thee-ter) fan boi out there..... and there is no problem with that at all.

I hope he gets to see them play live someday.

Mix

That setlist seriously is fucking ideal.

I'm prolly a bigger DT whore than Tubbs- if it was a choice between their music and the rest of modern prog metal (Opeth included) I'd choose DT in a heartbeat.
I think you guys may be hugely misinformed. In the past year or so I've stopped listening to bands like Dream Theater. I still like everything up until and including ACoS, but otherwise I really don't like their material anymore. Seeing them live? I thought about it still, but the price is way too steep for me to care anymore. My drummer is seeing them in September, which I guess will be okay, as long as they play their old material more than that new horrible album they came out with. I lost all hope in DT when they released Systematic Chaos. :(

missed seeing them a week ago...ended up being insanely sick, i really wanted to go

but i met portnoy at one of his signings which was cool

I think you guys may be hugely misinformed. In the past year or so I've stopped listening to bands like Dream Theater. I still like everything up until and including ACoS, but otherwise I really don't like their material anymore. Seeing them live? I thought about it still, but the price is way too steep for me to care anymore. My drummer is seeing them in September, which I guess will be okay, as long as they play their old material more than that new horrible album they came out with. I lost all hope in DT when they released Systematic Chaos. :(

you should see them live at least once.

I like Systematic Chaos, if only for In the Presence of Enemies and Repentance; Constant Motion is pretty fun to listen to and play as well. The rest of the album, as much as I hate to say it, is pretty much trash. I can't believe the band released Dark Eternal Night haha. And what's worse, you can tell they believe it's one of the better songs on the album.

I like Systematic Chaos, if only for In the Presence of Enemies and Repentance; Constant Motion is pretty fun to listen to and play as well. The rest of the album, as much as I hate to say it, is pretty much trash. I can't believe the band released Dark Eternal Night haha. And what's worse, you can tell they believe it's one of the better songs on the album.

I think thier label thought it was the catchiest most hooky song......though from the "Octavarium" album...!!!......"The answer lies with in"...is a DT classic....jsut pure bliss that song .......PEAC EOUT

I dislike The Answer Lies Within, tbh, and I'm pretty sure they thought the catchiest (read: most Metallica-"influenced") song on there was Constant Motion, since they released it as a single and whored it out on all the magazine sampler CDs.

Tubbs, I'll admit songwriting kinda went out the window somewhere back in the Change of Seasons zone, but, as much as I enjoy the more restrained nature of bands such as Opeth, it can be incomparably fun to listen to a band with ADD as bad as mine. They're all skilled musicians, and if they feel like showing off, that's cool, I like listening to them do it.

Systematic Chaos is a fairly good album. I'd take it over Train of Thought, Six Degrees, and Octavarium for sure. Only meh song for me is Dark Eternal Night (also, I don't orgasm over Repentance as much as everybody else). ItPoE would be a nigh-on perfect song if it weren't for that obnoxious "dark master" bit, takes the cheesiness a bit too far.

Not a horrible album at all, and *far* better than Octavarium.

Tubbs, I'll admit songwriting kinda went out the window somewhere back in the Change of Seasons zone, but, as much as I enjoy the more restrained nature of bands such as Opeth, it can be incomparably fun to listen to a band with ADD as bad as mine. They're all skilled musicians, and if they feel like showing off, that's cool, I like listening to them do it.
Fair enough. I don't have ADD. :erk:

Systematic Chaos is a fairly good album. I'd take it over Train of Thought, Six Degrees, and Octavarium for sure. Only meh song for me is Dark Eternal Night (also, I don't orgasm over Repentance as much as everybody else). ItPoE would be a nigh-on perfect song if it weren't for that obnoxious "dark master" bit, takes the cheesiness a bit too far.

Not a horrible album at all, and *far* better than Octavarium.
I'm not so sure about it being better than Six Degrees at all... that album was definitely better, if not for just for title track, "Misunderstood" and "Disappear". I think it was the album where they really started being a clone of themselves, though. Iyam, their downfall started with the immense wankery on Scenes.

Hmm, weird. :err:

Well, my drummer and bass player are both paying 150$ each. They must being going to some special concert... which goes right back to Kenneth R.'s theory on people getting special access if they do something extra for the band... :erk:

What makes people come to DT related threads ans shit on the band and their fans ?
I really wonder what's behing this Train of Thought ...

Your mom spanked you too much when you were young ?

You want to sound musically more relevant, hype, cool and ahead af the curve ?

It reminds you when you used to smash ants when you were kids and you liked that feeling ?

Life hasn't been cool with you ? Feeling frustrated ? Need to vent ?

Maybe these people are just disrespectful A-holes ?

I am just speculating ...

DT is a passionated group of musicians that like to play lots of notes on certain songs, like jazz and classical musicians.

But in rock, it is considered wanky.

Go figure.

Respect the Cock.