I know this is a Maiden board, but does anyone mind if I bring up Guns-n-Roses?

Rattlesnake

Dying with my boots on
Dec 14, 2005
Fairfield, CA
Well, I think I've shown enough of my sensitive side lately (see "Pictures of You" thread). So I believe it's time for another acidic, psychotic, hate-filled rant.

Ready? Here goes:

Everyone is coming in their pants over Guns-n-Roses upcoming tour. Tix are selling like wildfire. I read somewhere that it's "the hottest ticket in town" in New York.

But wasn't it just a couple of years ago that Axl was causing riots from coast to coast for blowing off all his shows? In fact, the guy's been pulling no-shows throughout his entire career! The first time I saw Iron Maiden, G-n-R was the opener. Guess who cancelled at the last second? Fortunately, Maiden was mega-cool about it and played an extra NINETY MINUTES. That, and the fact that no one in the Maiden camp gave a shit about G-n-R at the time, were probably the only two things that prevented a riot that night in Sacramento.

Now everyone is acting like none of this ever happened and that Axl is as dependable as an atomic clock. Are you fucking kidding me?! Is there an Alzheimer's epidemic I'm not aware of? What makes people think the same thing won't happen again?

I can't bear to think that people are this stupid, so I can only assume there's something I'm not getting. If so, what could it possibly be?

I'm very curious as to what all of you think.

Axl is a twat, plain and simple. Always has been, always will be!!

I would like to see Axl & Friends at Donington to see what they're like cos Guns N' Roses are one of my all time favourite bands but I'm having to miss the Sunday cos I'm flying over to Dublin to see Metallica that day.

Chinese Democracy is supposed to come out in Autumn according to Axl now, I'd like to see that happen!!!

Hasn't he been giving fictitious release dates for Chinese Democracy for about the last ten years? I'm thinking there actually will be a democracy in China by the time this disc drops. Honestly I could give two shits about Axl's new band. I love Guns n' Roses, and always will, but despite the name, this ain't it.

BassPhantom said:
Hasn't he been giving fictitious release dates for Chinese Democracy for about the last ten years? I'm thinking there actually will be a democracy in China by the time this disc drops. Honestly I could give two shits about Axl's new band. I love Guns n' Roses, and always will, but despite the name, this ain't it.

Yeah, he has! I agree - it's just Axl & Friends. Without any Duff, Slash, Gilby, Izzy, Matt or Steven on boards it's never gonna be any closer to the real Guns N' Roses.

That’s not Guns-n-Roses anymore; it’s Axl or whatever his name is… However, Priest is better, here is a video of Judas Priest song I just fell in love with: It’s off the ‘The Angel of Retribution’ it’s called “Worth Fighting For”. I dig that rhythm, it’s not the most whoopee doo rip you a new a-hole with the solo song they ever made, but it’s all about the rhythm. I like Glen Tipton’s style, and I like rhythm. Sometime it’s nice to relax to heavy rhythm.

Check it out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyOUZEGc2nc

MiniMurray said:
so did bumblefoot accept the position or not for guitarist? i heard yes, then no.....
then there's that rumor that sorum is back....

Yeah he did and people have been saying he's fitted in really well. Apparently Slash recently quashed rumours that any of the others have rejoined and that they're all quite happy in VR.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/interviews/slash_addresses_guns_n_roses_rumors.html

And also...

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news...s_slash_mckagan_reunion_rumors_shot_down.html

I read on the Metal Sludge message board that Axl sent Izzy out to check on Steven's "condition"...while on tour in Europe.. Well dumb ass Steven is busy shooting cocaine etc., and is very messed up ( STILL !!) It is obvious that he has blown what would have been the chance of a lifetime to be part of the GNR reunion tour.

Nahhhhhhhhhh......this is just a way for Axl to cushion his savings account...silly , foolish people should know better than to actually call this mirage GnR.

Well as far as all this other music thing goes, if it ain't British rock, then it ain't worth squat... Actually it's basically Priest and Maiden is all I care about, man you should get the Angel of Retribution cd, man it rocks, try Hellrider, Demonizer, Wheels of Fire, Worth Fighting For, they're all good, but as far as I am concerned, not much metal will satisfy me, except for these two bands.