I leave for Air Force basic training on March 20th

Zhou Tai 04

Apr 27, 2005
WI
I get to leave a few weeks before my original ship out date of April 10th. I am also not going to be doing an intelligence job like I originally wanted, but something else that I was interested in; here's what I'm signing up for:

Bomber Avionics Systems Apprentice

JOB DESCRIPTION: You will be trained to operate B-1B aircraft electronics to check the operational condition of the systems used to navigate the bomber to a target area, release the weapons, and navigate to a recovery point. These systems include the inertial navigation and doppler radar for navigation and the radar which provides ground maps of the terrain below and in front of the aircraft necessary for bombing and low level flight. Isolates faults in these systems, removes and replaces defective units, and performs systems checkouts.

TRAINING: After completion of BMT, 14 weeks at Lackland AFB, TX, and 11-16 weeks at Sheppard AFB, TX.

CIVILIAN RELATED JOBS: Electronic Technician

I am initially enlisting for six years, but I plan on making a career of it.

Kid, have fun and don't get hurt.

Kick some ass while you're at it. ;)

hey.... i thought u were a chick too ... :erk: anyways good luck.. but remember you'll make more money in the civilian sector after your trained and your 4 or 6 yrs are up... :kickass:

What exactly do you mean by that?

Gay because I called you darling. Check your sig/avatar.
I do have a Myspace profile, you know. The link for that is under the avatar. Not to mention the last.fm picture link in my sig that goes to my last.fm profile, which also displays my gender.:Smug:

What exactly do you mean by that?
You're interested in the field I suppose, the technology? What drives you to applying it in a destructive way then?
Im an engineering student and I find bomber and fighter airplanes very fascinating, but also, I believe they are a perversion of what engineers are really supposed to do. If the technology is what interests you, why didnt you look after a job as a civilian?
Im not saying what you do is wrong, Im just wondering.

I already tried college a few years ago but it didn't work out (I flunked out and am over $26,000 in debt), so this is my best [and only] option for that kind of job.

The Air Force is just like a normal job. I don't blame you for chosing it. I should have joined the Navy or Air Force instead of the Marines, but what can you do. Take it for what it is, don't take everything to heart and just learn to strengthen your mind. If you can do that you'll be alright. Remember, mind over matter, if you don't mind, it doesn't matter.