I love Dragonforce, but...

Dream Theater are a bit hit or miss live depending on setlist and mr Labrie. I saw them once when Labrie owned and they did "The Mirror" and all that. Totally awesome. But the SwedenRock gig blew. Labrie missed notes and they mostly played Octavarium songs

Dream Theater are a bit hit or miss live depending on setlist and mr Labrie. I saw them once when Labrie owned and they did "The Mirror" and all that. Totally awesome. But the SwedenRock gig blew. Labrie missed notes and they mostly played Octavarium songs

To me it was like they really didn't care about the show. They played well, but Portnoy was the only one who looked like he was into it. Petrucci just stared at his guitar the whole time, Myung stared at the ceiling, Ruddess looked like he was about to have a heart attack, and Labrie just sang his parts and walked offstage repeatedly.

I didn't know they play Pull Me Under anymore. I don't care that it's their biggest song, it's my favorite Dream Theater song. Besides that the song is amazing, I love that dark, mystical atmosphere. I have never heard anything that completely replicated that. A lot of prog bands come close, but not exactly it.