I miss the 80's....

Haha, the guys at the LORD (ex-Dungeon) forum were creamnig themselves over that earlier in the year. It was a huge thread, now lost somewhere in the past. I'm sure if you brought it up there you'd get a huge response again.

20 years ago, spandex, white runners and 3 tonnes of hair spray LOL

Ah yeah Tim would have been around then, Dungeon were a great band

Not to whore it too much, but have you heard the last Dungeon album, The Final Chapter. Definatelly one of the best releases of the band, and of this year. I'm really looking forward to what he comes up with in LORD.

Just a couple of things from someone who grew up listeing to that stuff...

1. I thought it was great that Christopher Guest of Spinal Tap fame was in there singing since the Spinal Tap movie was a parody of all of those dudes lives.

2. For the sick amount of talent in that room, the guitar solo sucked. I mean you got, Yngwie, Brad Gillis, Nugent, Neal Schon, Carlos Cavazos (reaching) but still. That was the best they could do? I don;t know who played it but...:puke:

3. Any song that has the lyrics "We are are magic in the night, we are shadow we are light." "We all want to touch a rainbow." is worth listening to. :headbang:

4. Who knew Yngwie could sing?

5. Dio is still cool (have you seen "The Pick of Destiny?") and has one of the best rock voices ever. :kickass:

506177_356x237.jpg

That's what you REALLY miss about the 80's.

And honestly, that Hear N Aid thing was shit.

If you wanna talk 80's... it begins and ends with Anthrax.

bit of deja vu from a couple of weeks ago. I had "we're stars" pop into my head and found it on You Tube myself to show the girlfriend just exactly what I was into in the 80's. I scared the living hell out of myself by still knowing all the lyrics. Paul Shortino is badass :D

ScottCash said:
I thought it was great that Christopher Guest of Spinal Tap fame was in there singing since the Spinal Tap movie was a parody of all of those dudes lives.

The backing vocalists included Michael McKean (David St. Hubbins) and Harry Shearer (Derek Smalls), but, sadly, not Christopher Guest (Nigel Tufnel).

ScottCash said:
For the sick amount of talent in that room, the guitar solo sucked. I mean you got, Yngwie, Brad Gillis, Nugent, Neal Schon, Carlos Cavazos (reaching) but still. That was the best they could do? I don;t know who played it but...:puke:

That was the single version, with a few bars each of Brad Gillis, Craig Goldy and Donald Roeser. The album version (video below) has longer solos arranged in trade-off groups:

Goldy / Ojeda
Campbell / Gillis
Schon / Lynch
Malmsteen / Campbell
Lynch / Cavazo
Gillis / Goldy / Roeser

Dave Murray & Adrian Smith are credited with "guitar melody lines on choruses", but are hard to pick out of the mix.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know who the producer (I assume he is) dude is with the short dark hair? I was able to recognise virtually everyone in the video other than him.
He's standing behind the desk strumming chords at one stage.

Could well be. I wouldn't have been a BOC fan back then (they weren't hair metal or thrash/speed) and have no clue what they look like.

I thought it might have been Tonio K who kinda looked like that and was a producer/songwriter back then. He was more in the vein of 80's cheezy pop though.