I need a lot of help with v-amp pro sound!!!

veronicafalls

Mar 26, 2009
Puyallup, Washington
Hi I'm using a v-amp pro and I'm not exactly making a metal song (emo to be exact:erk:) but it needs a harder metal tone and more fuller tone with this song, any suggestions on how to make it sound a little bit more more professional with sound? I'm also using an M-audio fasttrack pro and my connection is via XLR cable coming from the Ultra-G live "4x12" cab sim into a mic instrument line. One other question is my setup wrong? should I route my cables into a different port? I heard that the AES/EBU XLR port is better quality but everytime I try using it I get a fuzzy sound and a faint (nice sounding) guitar in the background. A lot for me to ask, sorry, but Thanks for all your help.

P.s. I don't care if you want to make fun of emo. If you do I'm not complaining lol, I just like making the music, not killing myself (as the stereotype goes anyway) :headbang:.

well I'm not micing amps, this is more direct input, but I could try micing and reamping using my shure sm57. but idk. I just want to know how I could get a good metal sound from my v-amp to my fasttrack pro, and which inputs and outputs would be best.

On my end the "lo-fi" is working correctly, but the "hi-fi" (that I originally listened to) sounds like a bad upload.

Anyways, you could try turning off the cabinet modeling and using impulses after the fact.

I have a vamp pro and have never really gotten a distorted tone that was very good. I usually use the "savage" preset, turn the mids way up, the bass most of the way down, and the treble a butthair below midway.
Gain a touch below half w/ a tube screamer on the front end. I use the analog output L usually. Thought about trying the actual "speaker compensated output" into a prechannel, but haven't got around to it. Truthfully i'm thinking about selling that thing off.

Thanks guys but after tinkering with my software I found out that I can have D82 Maximizer vst which is modeled after the BBE Maximizer and Ozone 4 with the samuel presets and it sounds very good, the best I've made anyway. Here's an example, sorry I didn't add bass and it sounds messy and very jumpy in volume, but you get the point of the guitar sound, I'll tune some of the notes that sound bad later too. Thanks alot again guys I appreciate your help.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7492708

Thanks guys but after tinkering with my software I found out that I can have D82 Maximizer vst which is modeled after the BBE Maximizer and Ozone 4 with the samuel presets and it sounds very good, the best I've made anyway. Here's an example, sorry I didn't add bass and it sounds messy and very jumpy in volume, but you get the point of the guitar sound, I'll tune some of the notes that sound bad later too. Thanks alot again guys I appreciate your help.

http://soundclick.com/share?songid=7492708

Too much digital adulteration there dude. I can get better tones out of a Zoom GFX4 by doing nothing but a hi-pass and low-pass and maybe some mb comp if necessary. :lol::lol:

No offence there. Just trying to help you out.