I need advice. Acoustic guitar 600 €/$ aprox.

otero1st

Feb 26, 2013
SanSe
Hello everyone. I need your wisdom on acoustic guitars . My cap would be hovering around 600€/$. My requirements:

- good piezo pickup
- easily accept lower tunings (Drop B to Drop D)

Thanks in advance and sorry for my english.

this is pretty tricky, especially when it comes to low tuning, maybe a baritone is not that wrong...
in general, finding an acoustic that sounds great and has agood pickup system may quickly exceed your budget...

this one looks pretty sick though, it's baritone, has a fishman pickup/preamp and is right in your budget, can' tell anything
about the sound, optically it looks pretty well made on the pics. it also comes with a case, looks to good to be true for this price...

the LTS looks pretty thin (chambered body, not really an acoustic in the traditional way), not sure if it sounds full and loud like a real acoustic.

http://www.thomann.de/de/walden_b1e.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont have any experience with Walden guitars so they might end up being the better choice here, but normally i would say that theres not many guitars in that pricerange that would beat a Crafter.
And if you can you should try to buy one at a music store, because mid-priced acoustic guitar will be somewhat inconsistent in quality of tone when compared to the high-end models.

my father owns an old sigma dreadnaught which is absolutely fantastic, can't tell anything about the new ones though...

Thanks Fixxxer! I don't found yet one person which talk shit about Sigma guitars.
What do you think about tunning posibilities?, Could I use drop B/C tune?
Seriously, thanks for waste your time to answer me and for you help.

i've never tuned any of my acoustics beyond drop C,
which actually works great with a 12-54 set for example.
B is not that far from C so a 12-54 set should work well for B too! :)

My favorite low cost acoustic guitars are yamaha fg series. They feel and sound great, then just add a fishman pickup or something. I have a yamaha fg730 that I keep mint for tracking only and it truly does sound amazing cost aside. So many to choose from though, everyone has different opinions. Cheers.