I Need Help Finding Merch

PatrickHoyt

The Darkitecht
Jun 3, 2007
Daytona, Florida
Does anyone know any online store that sells Pagan's Mind shirts? I've looked at all the places I know to look, but I am apparently not looking hard enough. Any help is appreciated.

Given the hypothesis floated by many here that the best way for underground metal bands to make money is selling T-shirts, it's surprising you are having a hard time finding anything that is supposed to sell so well.

But seriously, good luck in your search. The PM shirts looked very cool at PP - and if you get one, you can say that the drummer's naked wife is riding you reverse-cowgirl style! :kickass:

Given the hypothesis floated by many here that the best way for underground metal bands to make money is selling T-shirts, it's surprising you are having a hard time finding anything that is supposed to sell so well.

Well, to be fair, most people who make the "merch buying" argument only say that it works at shows since you cut out the middle man. Buying through an online vendor doesn't cut out the middle man at all.

Ebay didn't even have any.
e-Bay's typically where I go if all else fails. I've found some good hard to find shirts on there. There's a few seller's in particular who have lots of good metal shirts, but they don't always have the newest stuff. (Here's one seller I like, but I don't think he has any PM shirts - http://stores.ebay.com/DARK-ZONE-STORE) I have not seen a PM shirt in my searches, but I'll keep you posted if I do.

This is why I never pass on the opportunity to buy a shirt from a band I like if they have them when I see them live. I had to grab that PM girlie tee (and the hoodie - what a steal at $35) when we saw them at PP, 'cause I knew I'd probably never find another PM girl's tee anywhere else, let alone one that has a back and front (a rarity in girls band shirts).

Well at least I know that I wasn't just being a complete idiot about my searching if others are having just as hard of a time finding them. Thanks for the help!

Well, to be fair, most people who make the "merch buying" argument only say that it works at shows since you cut out the middle man. Buying through an online vendor doesn't cut out the middle man at all.

True, but buying directly from the band's website does cut out the middleman. Yet, obviously, not every band is taking opportunity of this income source. Perhaps they don't view the merchandise sales as being significant enough to warrant the trouble of sending out the T-shirts themselves, in which case they are more likely planning on music sales and not merchandise sales to keep their heads above water.

Sorry Patrick. ;)

True, but buying directly from the band's website does cut out the middleman. Yet, obviously, not every band is taking opportunity of this income source. Perhaps they don't view the merchandise sales as being significant enough to warrant the trouble of sending out the T-shirts themselves, in which case they are more likely planning on music sales and not merchandise sales to keep their heads above water.

Sorry Patrick. ;)

I'm not sure if this speaks for most band's sites or not since I usually don't purchase merch online, but when I have ordered items from a band's website, the band doesn't run the online store. Most band sites I have seen simply link you to a 3rd party company who takes care of their online stores for them. It would be a huge hassle for the band to have to take care of merchandise while they're on the road, so they just have someone else do it for them.

Sorry to hijack the thread Patrick, I'm sure nobody wants to see this turn into one of those arguments for the 25th time this month :lol:

I'm not sure if this speaks for most band's sites or not since I usually don't purchase merch online, but when I have ordered items from a band's website, the band doesn't run the online store. Most band sites I have seen simply link you to a 3rd party company who takes care of their online stores for them. It would be a huge hassle for the band to have to take care of merchandise while they're on the road, so they just have someone else do it for them.

Sorry to hijack the thread Patrick, I'm sure nobody wants to see this turn into one of those arguments for the 25th time this month :lol:

Excellent point -- the band's decide to pay a middleman to manage the merchandise (making it less profitable for the band) which strikes against the proposition that several here have made that metal bands make the majority of their money selling merchandise (or should try to). That proposition doesn't hold water, otherwise the bands would be taking every opportunity to make their merchandise accessible on the 24/7 store known as the Internet.

OK, I'm done. I swear, really! ;)

And how exactly does this disprove the fact that selling merch is highly profitable for bands? Excuse Pagan's Mind, please, for not having amazing merch distribution. Just because you are unable to buy a shirt doesn't mean that any band can't make thousands of dollars per show from selling merch locally or on tour.

Secondly, you can't 'download' clothes, and neither can you download patches, necklaces, etc. Not with today's technology anyways. Therefore, even if you pay a middle man to guarantee better merch distribution, you still end up making a good chunk of money. Bear in mind also that you don't just decide to put your merch onto JSRDirect.com. You need to have a deal just like you sign a deal to release and distribute a CD properly. The difference is as I said, you can't download merch. So logically, since you can't download merch- it means that people who not only bought the CD but also downloaded it could potentially purchase shirts and stuff. It's a pretty simple concept.

I mean I'm sorry... I don't mean to "hijack" the thread but c'mon. It's a shame an amazing band like PM doesn't have a great merch deal (although at the rate the band is touring and selling in Europe, we might see merch deals and full US tours in the future), but that doesn't mean selling stuff directly doesn't ensure 100% profit. Nor does it mean that signing a deal with professionals won't yield more merch sales than CD sales.

Also, if the members of PM read this thread- I hope that when you guys DO get a good merch deal that you please please please re-print the Enigmatic:Calling/Celestial Entrance shirts as well as make some original designs!

Well at least I know that I wasn't just being a complete idiot about my searching if others are having just as hard of a time finding them. Thanks for the help!

I can't even find them and I get paid to shop online all day! Basically if I can't find it, it doesn't exist.

Alright, not really... Just means it's really fucking hard to find.

-MetalRose

What sizes, and types of shirts you looking for?

I feel fortunate! I own 5 different PM shirts!

I've never had any luck finding PM shirts myself, I'd love to have something in medium from Enigmatic: Calling or Celestial Entrance. :headbang:

I've been trying to find a decent Enslaved shirt for a reasonable price lately too.