I need some fresh blood! erh.. Music!

I only have Rebirth and Hunters and Prey. I absolutly cant stand Andre's voice. But I've been looking forwed to that live dvd they're going to release.

ScytheTorched,
I know just the style you're talking about.

I would have to second ProgMetalFan's choice of Wolverine - "The Window Purpose" It kinda sounds like Dream Theater, but darker, and with growls. Very cool.

Secondly, Soul of Ice hit the nail on the head with Into Eternity. You gotta get that cd. It's very fast and heavy. All the members in the band sing. Its about half clean, half death, great stuff.

Now, for my suggestions... I think anyone reading this should get "Empiricism" by Borknagar. I really don't know how to describe it... great mix of clean/death vocals with excellent musicanship to back it. Damn, thats too vague, I can't do better, just download "The Genuine Pulse" "Gods of my World" and "Inherit the Earth" I'm sure you'll like those, then get the cd. Then, if you like Borknagar, look into Vintersorg. He's the lead singer of Borknagar, and has like 5 solo cds. He's awesome as well. Crap, I can't think of anything else....

.....Soilwork?

Silent Spirit said:
.....Soilwork?
Ola and Peter are great guitarrists, but they don't have that neoclassical style he's looking for... so I think that's out of the question.

oh and btw, check out Time Requiem, that's exactly what you're looking for!

[/QUOTE]Angra - Rebirth - tell me please, what is the difference between that album and all other in that genre?? Typical , boring power metall[/QUOTE]
Excuse me if you think ANGRA is boring I don't think you've been listening. I suggest you go out now, buy Holy Land, sit your ass down and listen to "Nothing to say" and I guarantee you'll have nothing more to say!!! It is one of the most awesome intros I have ever heard (combine it with the last 20 seconds of the previous song.)
After you're done listening to Nothing to say go get a diaper and put "ZITO" on. You WILL crap your pants. I saw one Angra show and it was incredible :hotjump: The drummer was from another f-ing planet!!! The only thing you need to get used to is the voice.

Of course all this comments are only true if you're into this kind of metal. If you're into Dimu Borgir well obviously you won't appreciate music...

Excuse me if you think ANGRA is boring I don't think you've been listening. I suggest you go out now, buy Holy Land, sit your ass down and listen to "Nothing to say" and I guarantee you'll have nothing more to say!!! It is one of the most awesome intros I have ever heard (combine it with the last 20 seconds of the previous song.)
After you're done listening to Nothing to say go get a diaper and put "ZITO" on. You WILL crap your pants. I saw one Angra show and it was incredible :hotjump: The drummer was from another f-ing planet!!! The only thing you need to get used to is the voice.

Of course all this comments are only true if you're into this kind of metal. If you're into Dimu Borgir well obviously you won't appreciate music...

Hey, Im into Dimmu Borgir and I "appriciate music" :mad: maybe you should stop making such generic statements about metalheads...*some* of us can like more than one style of metal...

Yngvai X said:
Hey, Im into Dimmu Borgir and I "appriciate music" :mad: maybe you should stop making such generic statements about metalheads...*some* of us can like more than one style of metal...

Chill out chill out...the fact that I appreciate more than one style of metal is one of the reasons I made my remarks in the first place...I just hadn't met any Dimmu Borgir fan before that can appreciate other kinds of music or can be open about anything else. So congrats you are the first.

Krizz said:
Chill out chill out...the fact that I appreciate more than one style of metal is one of the reasons I made my remarks in the first place...I just hadn't met any Dimmu Borgir fan before that can appreciate other kinds of music or can be open about anything else. So congrats you are the first.

I'm chill...sorry if I seemed otherwise ;) And btw, Im not the only other person to appriciate both Dimmu and power/progressive metal. In fact one other is the guitarist from the band Adagio, whom, if you haven't checked out, you must go to www.adagio.fr.st post haste! :D

Yngvai X said:
I'm chill...sorry if I seemed otherwise ;) And btw, Im not the only other person to appriciate both Dimmu and power/progressive metal. In fact one other is the guitarist from the band Adagio, whom, if you haven't checked out, you must go to www.adagio.fr.st post haste! :D

I know adagio!!(i mean their music) The guitarplayer is into Dimmu Borgir? Man I've been meeting the wrong Dimmu Borgir fans :):) and don't worry, it is a good thing that you passionately defend your music :headbang:

About the Angra discussion I would say that "Rebirth" is much more typical power metal (excluding the songs "Rebirth", "Millenium Sun" and not many more...) than the previous albums, which are true masterpieces!!

In Flames - Reroute To Remain
Norther - Final Countdown (Europe Cover)
Children Of Bodom - Bed Of Razors
Samael - Exodus
:headbang: