I need to know more about this guy!

DoReMi

Sep 3, 2002
Brussels/ Belgium
www.globaldomination.se
I keep hearing about Dan Swano (sorry, my keyboard doesn't have any crazy accents), but always fail to check out his music. If I understand correctly, he has been/is in a number of bands. What should I check out? I like Opeth, Soilwork, In Flames... it would be great to find a "new" appealing band again... haven't heard one of them in ages.

Edge of Sanity from (roughly) 1993 to 1996, therein including The Spectral Sorrows, Purgatory Afterglow, Until Eternity Ends EP, and, of course, Crimson.

Dan Swanö - Moontower

If you can find it...

Odyssey - s/t EP

Well worth the trouble. Lest I'm forgetting something, I think this was Dan's last (only?) fully cleanly-sung heavy metal recording.

A good place to trace Dan's path throughout the past decade is to go to the BNR metal pages, go to Edge of Sanity, and just click on every fricken link following Dan's name.

Make sure you wait for Crimson II, as well.

hmm well, i think you can still get Odyssey thru eBay.

you should check any CD that has Dan's name on it.
and by the way, check Unicorn.
i think, the best band of Dan.
band i say, because by Dan's own words, it was a band, not a project.
it is simply awesome.

yeah
Pan-Thy-Monium and Karaboudjan are both great.
i preffer Pan-Thy-Monium, 'cause it's like a superb avantgarde bizarre death-prog metal or some stuff like that. very good!
try DAWN OF DREAMS or DREAM II EP
they both rock

Khaoohs & Kon-Fus-Ion is great too, but the other two before mentioned are the better ones.