I need your opinion on something...

SpiritCrusherX

ManBearPig
Apr 5, 2003
Wilkes-Barre, PA
www.myspace.com
Everyone in this forum seems pretty cool, so maybe you can give me a nice response here. When someone begins a new thread on UM and there is a similar thread already started, do you really think that's such a big deal? I do not. I am personally sick of being slammed for this bullshit. I can't stand people who fucking preach about "message board etiquette." What a fuckin ridiculous thing. The way I see it, a new thread grabs the attention of viewers and it makes it easier to get your question answered. Goddamn this shit irritates me.

Also, what is your opinion on off topic stuff in forums? I get slammed for that sometimes too.

I agree, but it's always good to check at least post at the first page. And it's always good to say something like "I'm sorry if there already was a topic like this" if you think that there could be. Dont mind about it. Stay metal :headbang:

It's no big deal. I'm not about to research through an entire forum's backlog just to see if someone has asked the same question. If it's a question that probably gets asked a lot, however, I might check before I ask.

And spam is perfectly fine as long as it has a point. I like the Now Playing threads because I usually go through them and download songs that people are listening to that have similar tastes to mine. But all the other ones (Now Feeling? Now DRINKING?!) are a little too much.

Random spam with an actual topic and amusement factor is also cool. And you aren't exactly filling up the boards with your overexuberant spamming :eek: I think I can find it in my heart to accept you. :p

Yeah, I don't even attend the CoB boards cause all they used to do was piss and moan about how they talked about stuff already. I really just post in this forum cause everyone here is goofy including the skyfire guys, haha.

Also, off topic is very good as long as someone who posts 'on-topic' isn't missed or forgotten.

-wound

Yeah dude, don't pay attention to people that bitch like that. It's all good as long as you don't saturate your posts with stuff nobody cares about. Even if you're advertising for your own site or something, I think everyone here's cool with that considering all the quality posts that you have made. You can get away with as much spam as you want as long as you also add to the boards. At least in my opinion.

Your posts are generally good enough that "excusable" isn't really even a word that applies because they don't need an excuse. As long as it's entertaining I don't think anyone has a problem with spam anyway.

i know what u mean about the COB forum. i posted a question on there once and got bitched at for my signature or something. Anyway, u rule, they dont.

i think im one of those few tolerable COB fans. if it wasnt for bodom i wouldnt have found out about skyfire, so i atleast owe them that much ...even though in more into skyfire and Kalmah, and then progmetal(symphony x, power of omens, adagio, most dream theater) is where my heart is as a drummer and musician. and i know for a fact that some of the people on those forums and just random fans of those bands can be dicks at times, too. i think its more the individual person then who they like. and yeah, opeth = crap. i could never listen to a full song. i can definatley agree with most of whats being said here, but people have their own opinions on everything. still, opeth = crap. i'll try 'em again later and see what happens, as of now, opeth = crap and until i say otherwise, will remain crap, and nothing more.

WOAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! ... i've been posting on the wrong thread here. haha, damn i suck. um, pretend u saw my last two posts in SpiritCrusherX's link to the thread makin fun of COB fans. heh. whoops.

v01c354nd51gn5 said:
and yeah, opeth = crap. i could never listen to a full song. i can definatley agree with most of whats being said here, but people have their own opinions on everything. still, opeth = crap. i'll try 'em again later and see what happens, as of now, opeth = crap and until i say otherwise, will remain crap, and nothing more.

:lol: Anyway man, thanks for your input on this whole thing. In that thread, I didn't mean to generalize because I know all CoB fans aren't like that. I'm a CoB fan myself, and you can ask anyone that I am a decent person that does not act condescending or elitist or hostile towards others (and I think most people on UM that know me would agree). And I know you're cool too because you're clearly reasonable, and I'm sure there's more CoB fans like us, but for every one of us there's about five assholes. Thanks man, you rule.