I never knew Richard Christy was so funny

Shpongled

Aug 30, 2001
Big time LOLs happening right now hahahahahaha!!! :headbang:

Last edited by a moderator:
his legs suck in that video just like death live vids I saw, every time he went into something fast, the bass drums would become inaudible.

his hand are great though, though he's not even in the same class as reinart and hoglan. good career movie to join howard, imo.

He's a good drummer. A lot of his prank calls are very good as well. I have no idea where he comes up with them, but some are brilliant. I'm not into the gay stuff he does on Howard's show as I think a lot of times it takes away from whatever they are doing. Thankfully, he's slowed down a lot on it.

I just listened to the sample in the first post. That's one of the ones that stands out as a fav.

I think in these cases, the person cranked is called back and has to give a release for it to be played. No way some of these people know about it beforehand.

Can you post some proof of that Will? I've never heard anything like that before. Is it an FCC thing?

his legs suck in that video just like death live vids I saw, every time he went into something fast, the bass drums would become inaudible.

his hand are great though, though he's not even in the same class as reinart and hoglan. good career movie to join howard, imo.
Yeah, that vid leaves a lot to be desired.

this is part of an article thats on a bunch of sites:

"These laws actually only apply to whether or not it's legal to record calls for PERSONAL use -- but certainly not for "broadcasting" (on CD's, Internet MP3's, radio broadcast, sharing the recordings with friends, etc) the conversations to the world (which technically would be illegal in ALL states, and thus require victim's permission)! For "broadcasting" purposes, legally you need to get permission in all states ANYWAY!"

You cannot do an on-air prank call without that person knowing it beforehand. O&A also said something on the air about how they'd have to tell the person before the prank starts that its a prank.

I wonder if anything different applies for satellite radio. I don't think they fall into the FCC and NAB rulebooks anymore. Come to think of it, I haven't heard any old prank calls played in a long time. It's all new stuff since satellite...

this is part of an article thats on a bunch of sites:

"These laws actually only apply to whether or not it's legal to record calls for PERSONAL use -- but certainly not for "broadcasting" (on CD's, Internet MP3's, radio broadcast, sharing the recordings with friends, etc) the conversations to the world (which technically would be illegal in ALL states, and thus require victim's permission)! For "broadcasting" purposes, legally you need to get permission in all states ANYWAY!"

You cannot do an on-air prank call without that person knowing it beforehand. O&A also said something on the air about how they'd have to tell the person before the prank starts that its a prank.
This isn't true and your article proves it. It doesn't matter what they may have told you on-air, it's a DJs job to make everything sound as dramatic or awesome as possible on air. It sounds to me like they got in trouble for doing it (ie: did a prank and aired it without getting permission at all, or something like that) and are just buttering up the situation on air to sound better, if they're really saying they have to get permission before even doing the prank. The law is that you have to get the person's permission before you BROADCAST it, not perform it. What you posted doesn't say anything about getting the permission beforehand. Technically, you even have to get any caller's permission before you air their phone call or even say their name on air. However, most stations run with the assumption that if a person calls into a radio show, they are aware they may or may not be recorded and used on air. The FCC really only knows about this stuff happening when the caller didn't want to be put on air and they actually report it.

Shady radio shenanigans!