I-Pods...who's got one?

Lordlindsey

Metal Royalty
Oct 8, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
I've had mine for a couple of weeks now. This is the best inventions since the telephone.

There is no greater feeling than cruising the open roads of Northern Michigan on my Harley while just CRANKING on Random Acts of Senseless Violence or Crush, or Only, or Cadillac Rock Box or... well you can see where I'm going with it.

I tuck the headphone speakers into my helmet. (no wind noise and what not)

Ragamuffin said:
Fuck Apples cult of cool. I have a 15gig mp3 player that didn't cost an arm and a leg.

Yeah, fuck Apple and their quality products. Fuck them and their innovations. Fuck them b/c they're always one step ahead of everyone else. Fuck 'em.

I have one i fucking love it they're not much bigger and defonatly slimmer than a phone and can hold 5000 songs on a 20gig!

I have an Iriver H10. Wanted to try something a little different than the I-Pod. It's a good player, it just doesn't have many accessories like the I-Pod.

i aint paying 300 bucks for an ipod,idont care how good they are,there seems to be plenty of other options,whats some other good brands?

I have had a cheaper MP3 player myself, which didn't last long.
Bought one for my son, it's not that great either.

I decided to go for the gusto. It's easily the best one I've seen so far. Very robust plus many accessories. I've got over 3,500 songs loaded into mine so far.

Lordlindsey said:
I decided to go for the gusto. It's easily the best one I've seen so far. Very robust plus many accessories. I've got over 3,500 songs loaded into mine so far.

So what do you have? I don't know a goddamned thing about MP3 players, but would like one in the distant future. Ipod seems expensive, plus don't you need the software in order to upload songs? For example, if my friend has kick-ass shit on his or her computer. Also, I guess I don't like the idea of storing 20 gigs of shit in one little contraption that could be easily lost or stolen. I like the memory stick route. OK, I guess you could just keep everything on your hard-drive.

I know a couple people with RIO Karmas, I'm very envious of them, nice little machines. My Dell DJ is old as hell and Gen 1 so it's kinda big. When I do get around to replacing it I'll probably go that route instead of the iPod.

plus don't you need the software in order to upload songs

No

I guess I don't like the idea of storing 20 gigs of shit in one little contraption

Yeah, progress is bad.

I like the memory stick route.

Those are smaller and can be stolen even easier.

OK, I guess you could just keep everything on your hard-drive.

OK.

I just got an iPod mini a month back and it's never really off. To be honest, I only need the 6 gigs because I'm never away from my Lap Top for more than a day so I can change my playlists that way.

Wouldn't have minded the 20 or 40Gb iPod but I can't justify the need for one when they're are so much more pricey.