I poop on the 10th anniversary promotion

I think it was originally a joke that got taken out of context. Doesn't seem to me that the original post was in any way insulting. It was just pointing out that Progpower X is really the 10th fest in 8 years and thus not the 10th anniversary by definition. I think people took it out of context because of the title of the thread, which again was most likely meant to be funny. Regardless, it's a pretty silly thing to get all up in arms about...

I think it was originally a joke that got taken out of context. Doesn't seem to me that the original post was in any way insulting. It was just pointing out that Progpower X is really the 10th fest in 8 years and thus not the 10th anniversary by definition. I think people took it out of context because of the title of the thread, which again was most likely meant to be funny. Regardless, it's a pretty silly thing to get all up in arms about...

Good sir/ma'am, you take the prize.

People sure do like to get their shorts in a knot around here. Lighten up. I didn't once say that anyone's reason for existing on this planet was invalid, or that anyone's hard work was unappreciated, but I predicted that some people would respond as if I did. Everyone makes the odd stupid mistake, and most intelligent people do not get too upset when these stupid mistakes are pointed out to them. However, as we've seen, some people feel threatened, get defensive, and respond with rude insults. Whatever floats your boat. Isn't psychology fun?

Think about this though, I bet Glenn had to work a year and a half to get the first progpower line-up and show booked and get the ball rolling, so that would make up the year and a half missing to make it 10 years, so problem solved, hehe.

ridiculous.jpg

Much ado about nothing. The origional post is technically correct; however, most 10th anniversaries of anything don't happen in 10 years. If there has been 10 installments of any event it's usually called the 10th anniversary. But considering that if there were 1 per year the first anniversay would be #2, and the 10th anniversary would be #11. No one celebrates #11 of anything as being a milestone.

The year 2000 was 1999 years after year 1, so some people claim the new century actually started in 2001. Again technically correct, but since the almost entire world celebrated it on 1/1/2000, clearly no one gives a shit.

Much ado about nothing. The origional post is technically correct; however, most 10th anniversaries of anything don't happen in 10 years. If there has been 10 installments of any event it's usually called the 10th anniversary

I've never seen that. Usually they'll try to be technically correct by saying, "10th annual" or just "10th". Besides, calling it the "10th anniversay of Progpower" would be lame even if it was true. No one says "40th anniversay of the Super Bowl", or "20th anniversary of Wrestlemania".

damn nailz - THAT is disturbing!!!!

Please tell me you didn't just happen to have that on your computer... and if you didn't, I don't want to know where ya found it...

ProgPower X may be the 10th installment of the fest, but it's not the 10th anniversary show as the main PPUSA page states. The first one was in Feb. 2001, about 8.5 years before the 10th one. You could stretch the truth a bit and call it the 9th anniversary, but the 10th? Just call it the 10th Progpower and be done with it.

Congrats in advance on 10 great shows in 8.5 years :headbang: If I lived closer I'd try to attend more often.

I poop on your post. It never says, anywhere, on the main PPUSA page, that this is the 10th anniversary of the show.

Which of course breaks one of my main rules about arguing:

Never argue with a troll. He will bring you down to his level of stench and beat you with experience.

I poop on your post. It never says, anywhere, on the main PPUSA page, that this is the 10th anniversary of the show...

Well, yes it does actually state that in the "Featured Headline" on the main page :

"You will NOT want to miss the 2009 ProgPower USA X video presentation this year! We will be announcing most of the bands for our 10th anniversary show with this special video (and we mean special…).

The video will be shown on FRIDAY NIGHT immediately following the Amorphis set. Don’t miss out!"

LOL. I cant believe how up in arms some people are over this post.

EDIT : Stupid insert key! *rips it out of keyboard!!!*